"i bought a new guitar, and...

-
I had 2 of those back in my Randy Rhodes days!
Great guitars...24 frets....mine had unfinished necks from the factory. ..
Neck felt like a well worn baseball bat!

Sweet !!!

What is your oldest (playable) axe?

Mine is a 1955 Estrada classical. My father purchased it it for my on my 6th Birthday in Dec. of 1955.
I still play it, and keep it strung. But, I only use it around the house, now.

Here's a pic...

Well, when you talk about dumb asses that sold or lost guitars in the past, my name should come to mind! I've had waaaay more guitars than a man could play in a lifetime, and lost a couple to mysterious, and most times unscrupulous low life's!!! At one break in, I lost more equipment than one man should have to endure!!! List of insturments included my 72 Strat, my 65 EB-1 bass, my 65 Bassman amp, all my pedals, gear, and 1/2 of the PA!! Now, the criminal in this picture playing my LP "fretless wonder", stole my 63 Harmony Rocket, and my single pickup Kalamazoo, shown here in my hands!! Yea, that's how stupid I was back then, totally ruined an original guitar to Eddie it up when VH first came out! Only a handful remain today, including my 72 Martin D-35, my 07 Martin D-18 GE, a couple other acoustics, my 1935 standup bass, which is myain Insturment nowadays, and my secret weapon, my 1960 LP, which is on loan to my niece!! Lucky for me the 60 was not at the studio during the break in! As a dumbass does, we always had the big bay doors open to entertain all of the afternoon shifts who were in the warehouse district where we practiced!! Obviously someone was paying attention to what we had, as we all lost a lot of gear!! Apparently the bus must've been full, as they only stole 1/2 of the PA speakers!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 86
Tell her the same thing when she buys ANOTHER PAIR OF SHOES.

Went with the wife to DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse) in San Francisco a few years back. She walked up and down the many aisles of shoes stored on shelves like in a warehouse. Finally she picked up a pair of red high heel shoes (Italian brand) marked off 50%, now only $395.00! How she found the most expensive pair of shoes in the store from what must of been thousands of pairs of shoes, I will never know. (No, we didn't buy them, but a women's logic would have been she "saved" money because they were marked 50% down)

Oldest playable axe? That honor goes to my uber-sweet 1965 Univox UC-2...darn near dead mint.

-
Back