I can't help myself

-
yes....very similar to the parking brake on a Ram pick-up.

the good part....no e- brake brake cables, just a wire.

I think the modulation will be "push the button, hang on and steer":thumbsup:

LOL!

Yeah I get it. There are a ton of modern cars that use a push button for the parking brake. And realistically with modern braking systems having an independent backup that you can modulate in case of a total failure is pretty much overkill.

I've honestly never had a complete brake failure that required something like that. Trying to use the factory A-body handle for a failure like that would only be slightly better than on-off anyway, although I have considered changing my car over to a tunnel mounted e-brake lever. Totally overkill, just one of those things I think about.

The electric system would definitely be easier to route on a car with weld to floor sub-frame connectors! Not to mention it would free up a lot of space under the dash.

Haven't got to that point yet.

Looks like you've got a fuse panel mounted. It looks nice. Where's it from??

1665424522377.png

I believe that is part of the engine management system. but since you are going to hold my feet to the fire :lol:, I'll get you a better answer.

LOL!

Yeah I get it. There are a ton of modern cars that use a push button for the parking brake. And realistically with modern braking systems having an independent backup that you can modulate in case of a total failure is pretty much overkill.

I've honestly never had a complete brake failure that required something like that. Trying to use the factory A-body handle for a failure like that would only be slightly better than on-off anyway, although I have considered changing my car over to a tunnel mounted e-brake lever. Totally overkill, just one of those things I think about.

The electric system would definitely be easier to route on a car with weld to floor sub-frame connectors! Not to mention it would free up a lot of space under the dash.
I had a complete brake (master cylinder) system failure coming down the east side of Berthod Pass into Denver in 1964 in my 57 Olds, so it was low range and parking brake time (just a poor broke USAF airman). :lol:Took me 3 days to relax my sphincter!
Given the fact the Charger has a full perimeter frame, ebrake makes a lot of sense. And you are correct it cleans up the dash, etc.

A couple of pictures of newly installed components. Stuff is hidden everywhere.
First picture is the vacuum (Prius type) pump for the power brakes hidden in the rear of the left front fender. Second one is the transmission cooler hidden at the front of the left front fender. Just in time for halloween!

IMG_1224.jpeg

IMG_1227.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you for posting so we can learn and enjoy :thumbsup:

what a tease...when do we see the good stuff? I'll start....Here is the Butch Leal "Big Red" going in my build. In a Duster (lowered 2-1/2") with OEM flat hood.

20221103_120947.jpg

Well, it looks like there is progress on my wheels. Centers are being painted, I might see them in January

7873.jpeg

but....but....but, where are the pics of the cars progress????

Well, there isn't any progress for a number of reasons. I could have posted a picture of bent stainless lines, but that gets lost in the noise.

much appreciated. your build is inspiring.

Happy New Year,
Denny

here are a couple of pictures. I'm down to one arm (tore 3 tendons) in my left forearm and the Dr. has "grounded"me for the immediate future.

IMG_1277.jpeg

IMG_1274.jpeg

I finally got the wheels and tire mounted and on the car, and got it on the ground at ride height. Denny, do you approve?:lol:

IMG_1300.jpeg

IMG_1282.jpeg

IMG_1281.jpeg

IMG_1287.jpeg

Looks great! I have to say, when you posted the new wheel centers originally I wasn’t too sure about the design. But mounted on that car with the tires, they look awesome. :thumbsup:

-
Back