I couldn’t even start to imagine

-
Gotta list of the rules somewhere?
Also, if you just do that inexpensive “Stock” rebuild, you’re never going to be competitive. Ever ever. Dream on with that! LMAO!!!
The cam has to be within 1% of the factory lift and 2% of the duration. Cylinder heads can't be ported, no bowl work, no 3 angle valve job or back cutting of the valve's. Stock exhaust manifolds. Pistons can have a small dome as a compression ratio of 1.5 points over advertised is allowed. No aftermarket rods, crankshaft. Electronic ignition is allowed, curve kit is allowed, high output coil is allowed but it has to be the same size and shape and color as the factory coil also it has to be mounted in the factory location. No aftermarket ignition boxs. No electric fuel pumps or pressure regulators allowed. Any gear ratio is allowed. Blueprinting is allowed and balancing too. All that's left is dyno tuning and you can see that these guys are running "stock " engines.

Gotta list of the rules somewhere?
Also, if you just do that inexpensive “Stock” rebuild, you’re never going to be competitive. Ever ever. Dream on with that! LMAO!!!
I forgot to mention earlier that you have to run stock size valves and factory spring's. The only extra expense I can see is the blueprinting as most people have their engines balanced and the dyno tuning if you want that done.

If you're talking about a pure stock drag racing engine, they really don't cost much more than a stock rebuild. I've checked them out and you can't run a 3 angle valve job from what I understand but I could be wrong here
I know a couple of people that run a stock engine class of racing. One of the guys dropped some coin on one of these so he could make sure his ignition system was working the exact way he wanted it to on ALL of the cylinders.

I know a couple of people that run a stock engine class of racing. One of the guys dropped some coin on one of these so he could make sure his ignition system was working the exact way he wanted it to on ALL of the cylinders.

That's a distributor machine for the proper set up of the distributor, correct? I ask cause I've never seen one before.

Where did you get that and what was the cost?

MV Agusta F4Z Zagato

Look at that bike! And penned by none other than Zagato. WOW.
I got it for nothing off another engine builder I know. It was missing a few things, like the step down transformer, speed controller, degree ring and indicator disc. I just remade what I needed to make it functional again. I was a fun project.
They do pop up for sale now and again. Just about every TAFE had a few of them back in the day.

Are those distributor machines still available?

I was going to ask him the same thing. I looked forever for my machine and was lucky to get what I have, but those King machines are very nice.

I think they are no longer in business. At least here in the US. Maybe they are down under and Europe only.

Nice machines for sure if you can snag one.

It’s close to 25 a gallon. We were using x16 and it was I think around 15 or 16 but that was 3 years ago. We picked up almost 20hp going to the q
this makes me dread finding out the price of Methanol when I get my 13.5:1 360 done.........

Going through piles of "stock rockers" looking for the best ratios, the list goes on.
50 heads on the flow bench for the best ports and smallest chambers, 200 rods for the 8 lightest, maybe flow testing a dozen intakes.
Ebay?
this makes me dread finding out the price of Methanol when I get my 13.5:1 360 done.........
Can you run it on E85?

50 heads on the flow bench for the best ports and smallest chambers, 200 rods for the 8 lightest, maybe flow testing a dozen intakes.

Ebay?

Can you run it on E85?
I'm sure I could, I haven't dabbled in Methanol or E85 use in racing yet. I know nothing about what it takes to run Methanol but I'm in the literal heart of E85 country in Iowa. It's like $2 a gallon here wonder if the E85 will sub in for the Methanol straight up or different tune?

I'm sure I could, I haven't dabbled in Methanol or E85 use in racing yet. I know nothing about what it takes to run Methanol but I'm in the literal heart of E85 country in Iowa. It's like $2 a gallon here wonder if the E85 will sub in for the Methanol straight up or different tune?
I'm not sure, but I am sure it will be much easier-it's less corrosive than methanol, and you can even get dedicated E85 carbs now. IIRC, it's ~110 octane.

-
Back