I did something stupid

-
F541AEBF-8A5E-4E8A-AB92-A7FE02354C82.gif

I won’t assume to know exactly what the OP feels like but I do know what it is like to be frustrated to the point where setting a car on fire seems like a good way to cleanse your negative feelings.
I have never done that but talking that way sometimes relieves some stress.
These cars grip our minds and hearts sometimes. We invest hope and happiness in them.
When we encounter obstacles at every turn, it can drive you batty.
Personally, I am the type that has to force myself to walk away and let matters calm down, then come back later.

Glad you got it on the way. I really hope you change your mind and keep it when you get it. I am way out of the way in Georgia, but I have a 75 F250 HD, Gladys that will pull anything put behind her and would have helped if I was in a better spot logistically. Nobody knows like I do the frustration of things not going your way. Kitty and I live it from year to year, but we keep moving forward. It's tough, but we do it. So I can certainly sympathize with you, but try to be more positive. It does help, even if only a little.

Been reading all of this and wondering how some can jump on another member not knowing the rest of the story. We’re all different but when I get kicked it just makes me more determined. Please hold on to to it long enough to drive it and see what you really have,good luck from here on out.Joe

Hey Jarlaxle, a couple of decades ago I got all excited about a car on eBay. Well I won it and then the fun started trying to get it from Tacoma, WA to Upstate NY where I live. eBay didn't help or offer shipping services back then. Well a month and $900 later I received the car plastered in slush and road salt on an open carrier, in February as I remember. That $900 was a third of the cost of the car and a lot of money back then. I went through a lot of the same stages of buyers remorse and second thinking that you have experienced also.

After a few months of cleaning, fixing small issues etc., it all paid of when one nice warm spring day I took my very young grand kids out for ice cream in my "Limousine" as they referred to it!

Your experience is not unusual in this hobby, so put your mind in a positive place and await your car with anticipation. There won't be many rust free cars like yours in New England, so buff it up, give it some love and enjoy. You can't put a price on the fun, satisfaction and pride our hobby brings to us even with the bad days!

Here's my "mistake"

1975 Imperial.jpg

Are you talking about this picture?

View attachment 1715914810
Yes.
Hey Jarlaxle, a couple of decades ago I got all excited about a car on eBay. Well I won it and then the fun started trying to get it from Tacoma, WA to Upstate NY where I live. eBay didn't help or offer shipping services back then. Well a month and $900 later I received the car plastered in slush and road salt on an open carrier, in February as I remember. That $900 was a third of the cost of the car and a lot of money back then. I went through a lot of the same stages of buyers remorse and second thinking that you have experienced also.

After a few months of cleaning, fixing small issues etc., it all paid of when one nice warm spring day I took my very young grand kids out for ice cream in my "Limousine" as they referred to it!

Your experience is not unusual in this hobby, so put your mind in a positive place and await your car with anticipation. There won't be many rust free cars like yours in New England, so buff it up, give it some love and enjoy. You can't put a price on the fun, satisfaction and pride our hobby brings to us even with the bad days!

Here's my "mistake"

View attachment 1715914893

It's not actually rust free.

Here's my "mistake"

View attachment 1715914893
That was a badass car.

I wonder if it has two more stops to fill those empty spaces on the trailer View attachment 1715915141
Probably not, unless it's a SmartCar or something like a motorcycle or trike. The front ramp can't go any higher without being over 13'6" (note the fin is the same height as the top of the tractor), and it looks like the ramp above the Dart has the front third blocked.

If you're curious, the funny-looking white thing is a folded...airplane. :realcrazy:

Probably not, unless it's a SmartCar or something like a motorcycle or trike. The front ramp can't go any higher without being over 13'6" (note the fin is the same height as the top of the tractor), and it looks like the ramp above the Dart has the front third blocked.

If you're curious, the funny-looking white thing is a folded...airplane. :realcrazy:

Height hadn't registered here, good point.

I didn't realize collapsible airplanes were a thing.

Many gliders come apart for transport. They're not exactly easy to take cross country, LOL. Though I met a guy who made it from the mountains in CA to New Mexico in a day (night flying doesn't tend to work well in a glider). Said the lift was just too good and kept on keeping on.

I used to work at an airfield that was predominantly sail planes. Was a blast, very neat world and the planes are pretty cool. Wings and tail are all built to unplug and store in the trailer. Most of them only weigh 900-1600 lbs total, and the heavier stuff tends to include engines (that stow once at altitude). The wings can often be handled by one person, but two people makes it a 1hr deal instead of 1/2 a day.

Tough part is making sure it's properly assembled prior to launch. I've watched guys pull the control stick from the control quadrant just as the tow plane starts to roll, and even had several guys who I tested control continuity for who's ailerons were reversed or only operated in one direction..

Nothing beats soaring though when it comes to recreational flying. You can feel and hear and smell everything.

-
Back