I did something stupid

-
It sounds like the seller only took pictures from angles that hid certain defects

SO did you get the car yet?
From what I read yes, and he thinks it's a turd.
Or my expectations were too high.
Then get some photos taken and get that piece of garbage in a sale thread. You shot yourself in the foot with this thread. We all know it's a clam and you will be lucky to get penny's on the dollar here. But like the title of this thread says "I think I did something stupid". In more ways than one. Good luck.

I have noticed over the decades, most buyers want a $10,000 car for $2000. We all love bargains, but I am still amazed at people, and not talking about the OP but guys in general.
When asking for photos of a for sale car, I tell the guy to take close up pics of ALL flaws. Tell me everything in detail that is not right. Some peeps will always try to cheat someone, its just their nature. I never tell anyone I can have them killed for $500 (so I have been told). Just ain't right!!

At this point, I won't buy a car unless I see it.
Have you ever visited bring a trailer?
That is what I would expect with buying an unseen car. Great disclosure 100s of pics and sellers asking if any and all questions will be answered.
Personally I`d prefer to lay eyes on a prospective buy. There are honest sellers out there right along dishonest too. Ya take your chances.
Do you really like the beakers?

Have you ever visited bring a trailer?
That is what I would expect with buying an unseen car. Great disclosure 100s of pics and sellers asking if any and all questions will be answered.
Personally I`d prefer to lay eyes on a prospective buy. There are honest sellers out there right along dishonest too. Ya take your chances.
Do you really like the beakers?
What the heck is a beaker?

Cute nickname for the look A bodies got with the safety guru's requirement for those uglyass 5mph bumpers that showed up everywhere in '73. The pointy hood and front bumper for the first time.

received_520929499414862-jpeg.jpg

Obnoxious bumper guards gone:thumbsup: Probably the bumper shock abortions too :thumbsup:
Good lookin' hot rod when that photo was took.

The picture took in what looks like a trailer park, the gay wing on the back, the jc whitney exhaust system and the hideous fender gaps in that picture ALONE would indicate it's not a super nice car. That's just my calloused opinion

I looked at the company that transported the car and from what saw looked impressive. Now thats not to say the company is great but again from what I read and the reviews looked worth looking into
Whats got me confused is this broker or shipping company with no explanation.
Wouldn't you just deal with the carrier?
Were the extra charges a result of the first shipper?
My question is did the company hired to ship the car deliver on time, damage free and for the contracted price? Thats a pretty straightforward simple question.
Not meaning to knock the OP, but everything seems to be gloom and doom, always a problem.
While id never buy a car sight unseen, its understandable that for some not actually laying eyes on the car is a unavoidable fact.
What id think is hire a person to see the car and look it over, theses services are readably available or ask someone from these sites who is willing to inspect the car

-
Back