I did something stupid

-
So I don't understand now that you have the car you suddenly wanna sell it cause you think it's a pos since the body lines don't line up, blah blah blah. Let me ask you. Did you think you were gonna buy a 50 year old car that needed nothing? The thing to do instead of admitting defeat is get to work making it a nice car. Then you'll have a positive outcome with the whole situation.
I did not mention body lines. That was someone else.

I have neither the skill, nor the time, nor the interest in making this a "nice car".

Somehow I believe this horse is dead. Everyone please put up your clubs

Somehow I believe this horse is dead. Everyone please put up your clubs
have you ever had horse before?
it is good, but a little tough
so you either need to really tenderize it, or slow cook it

Getting it myself would have required quitting my job...as I noted at least three times, I could not get the time off work.

Yeah, but you bought it before you had the means to get it. That's called putting the cart before the horse. So stop doing that.

So I don't understand now that you have the car you suddenly wanna sell it cause you think it's a pos since the body lines don't line up, blah blah blah. Let me ask you. Did you think you were gonna buy a 50 year old car that needed nothing? The thing to do instead of admitting defeat is get to work making it a nice car. Then you'll have a positive outcome with the whole situation.

This kid has his head in the clouds. I suspect you're years away from getting him to think at all, much less about how much work is involved in making something 'nice'.

Reminds me of this guy:

A5673A59-39DE-468D-88B9-FD8174229AFA.jpeg

Yeah, but you bought it before you had the means to get it. That's called putting the cart before the horse. So stop doing that.

No, that's wrong.

This kid has his head in the clouds. I suspect you're years away from getting him to think at all, much less about how much work is involved in making something 'nice'.

So...did you not read what I posted?

Got the double charge refunded.

Not surprised. This is how shipping usually works. There's a hold or temporary charge, then you pay upon receipt, and then the temp charge or hold is released. Not all work this way, but it's not uncommon.

Dealing direct with the transporter versus a broker tends to go different, but lots of places don't like working directly with the customer because people tend to be awful.

Day or two to Illinois, sure. The week or more do a round trip to the west coast, no.

I hate to say it but that thing is a **** box turd. Probably worth what he's asking for parts. I'd gut it strip it and part it out.

-
Back