I don`t drink much beer , but

-
In the early 90s, in Colorado, 3.2 in grocery stores and such, 6 in the liquor store.
3.2... diet, unleaded etc

We have beer in Oklahoma again! I'm working away from home in NE Oklahoma and stopped to get an 18 pack of Bud light at a store. It's 4.2 instead of the normal 3.2.

I drink boulevard wheat every now and then. It was $17.99 a six pack! That's absurd.

We have beer in Oklahoma again! I'm working away from home in NE Oklahoma and stopped to get an 18 pack of Bud light at a store. It's 4.2 instead of the normal 3.2.

I drink boulevard wheat every now and then. It was $17.99 a six pack! That's absurd.
So, following the earlier posts...
Is it 4.2 by weight, or are they switched to ABV rating. If the latter, it barely changed.

Diabetic here too. I recently tried Sleeman Clear and like it. Usually Molson Canadian 67. It's good too. I believe 67 has no sugar. Wish they would list that.
Lol I WISH 67 was only $6. More than $10 here
A very informative web site, your favorite drink: calories VS alcohol by volume. My drink rates a B+....I think that deserves another one. lol

Alcohol Content Of Beer

Used that (and personal taste) when I found out I was diabetic.

I'm gonna get my carb/calories worth dangit!

My personal taste led me to Micholob Ultra. Low Calorie and Carbs. As close in taste as the Bud Light I used to drink.

Anyone remember Miller RED? When I was drinking it, I couldn't remember ****! I think it was an 8 as that stuff F'd you up if you drank it as a regular beer pong beer.

Weight/volume must be a state thing.

All ours (FL) that I can find are by Vol (even the TV ads say "by volume".
Even wine is listed by volume.

Odd that the by weight comes out to being more alcohol content but the numbers are somewhat standardized (3.2, 4.2, 5.9, etc).

IMG_20181001_174044.jpg
IMG_20181001_174122.jpg

I enjoy beer. Usually only having 1 or 2. Rarely more than a six in a week. I have no use for light beer. Just seems pointless. Would much prefer a glass of water. Here's what's in my fridge right now.

E42A4005-A8FE-460A-A5AB-AF7815325A4F.jpeg

2AC619DF-E246-42D5-B9BD-AB48877635BB.jpeg

676E4BB8-B8D5-4CA0-926C-9D7884DB58C3.jpeg

Gotchya. Never knew there were states that had limits of alcohol % in beer. Georgia does not that I know of. There are several brands that have 9% or better I've tried. I am like bob though, I drink for taste. If it doesn't taste good, forget it.

Like a guy I worked with years back, he spent a Army tour in Germany, and said " beer is a beverage, you drink it for the taste , not for a buzz!" I agree. But one beer puts me to sleep!

I’d like to know if that is alcohol by weight or volume......

I tried that Sam Adams Octoberfest- too heavy and filling for me, and I like Sam Adams regular and Cherry Wheat.

I'd like to try that Storm King. Never seen that one.

That Unibroue (Megadeth) brand has some interesting brews all the way to about 13%.
My favorite is "Maudite".

I've also been on Coppertail's (Tampa) "Unholy"

and North Coast's "Old Rasputin"

I tried that Sam Adams Octoberfest- too heavy and filling for me, and I like Sam Adams regular and Cherry Wheat.

I'd like to try that Storm King. Never seen that one.
I'm not a fan of the cherry, or any other fruity beers. And not pumpkin either...
As for heavy, like any good Imperial Stout, the Storm King is quite heavy. Probably the hoppiest imp stout I have had. But then, I consider it a completely different class. octoberfests are 'drinkers' and Imps are 'sippers'. If you like them, Victory has one even better -Java Cask. I had a single bottle of it last year. Think it was $8. Got it in a mixed 6. Awesome stuff. Pretty sure its a fall/winter seasonal. I don't know if it's out yet this year. Looking forward to getting a 4pack.

Years ago the beer that was called 6 point wasn't really that. 3.2 was light and regular was 3.6. Everybody called it 6 point. Now the ABV is all over the planet but the brewers have to stay within the state laws. I have been brewing my own since I retired. I have been very satisfied with my brews. I started with a Mr. Beer kit and I have ventured into a partial mash which is a bit more complicated but a more complex taste. I have a Bavarian Weiss-bier (wheat) brewing now. I have brewed Lager, Orange Shandy, Canadian Blonde, and a couple others. Most of my brews are 5-7% apv. I bought a keg and co2 system and I have a couple 3 gallon kegs coming UPS today.
first batch 2.2.18.jpg
Resized952018040795170304.jpg
first batch3.jpg

Years ago the beer that was called 6 point wasn't really that. 3.2 was light and regular was 3.6. Everybody called it 6 point. Now the ABV is all over the planet but the brewers have to stay within the state laws. I have been brewing my own since I retired. I have been very satisfied with my brews. I started with a Mr. Beer kit and I have ventured into a partial mash which is a bit more complicated but a more complex taste. I have a Bavarian Weiss-bier (wheat) brewing now. I have brewed Lager, Orange Shandy, Canadian Blonde, and a couple others. Most of my brews are 5-7% apv. I bought a keg and co2 system and I have a couple 3 gallon kegs coming UPS today.View attachment 1715230455 View attachment 1715230456 View attachment 1715230458
Had a Toolman Lager at Carlisle. Good stuff :thumbsup:

Stouts, porters, and browns with the occasional ale or lager.

Not a fan of coffee stout and not at all a fan of IPA, which seems to be all over the place right now..

If the stout above is hoppy, I'll probably pass.

Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout is another good one.

Stouts, porters, and browns with the occasional ale or lager.

Not a fan of coffee stout and not at all a fan of IPA, which seems to be all over the place right now..

If the stout above is hoppy, I'll probably pass.

Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout is another good one.
I can do an IPA once in a while and enjoy it. Even the extremely hopped up "Imperial" IPA's. But definitely not a go to for me. Yeh, If you don't like them at all the Storm King is probably not going to make your favorites list. LOL
I like stouts that have a little coffee or chocolate taste. But not when they start tasting like a Mocha. (Which I do like also, just not mixed with my beer.) As I understand it some of those flavors actually come from the way the ingredients are roasted? I have had chocolate stouts that tasted too much like they stirred in Hersheys syrup. No thanks.

I just finished off a Budweiser here, and looked at the bottle, 5% by volume.

But it is WV, the liquor store sells moonshine, but I prefer the un-taxed stuff.

I like Guinness. If you drink too many and misplace one in the shop, it’s still good when you find it a few days later.

3.2 is just over 4% by volume and according to Wikipedia, regular bud is 5%.

LOL, Clint u surely know more about beer than I do !
My dad use to make home brew, it was some nasty tasting stuff, but a qt. would almost put my lights out at 16-17 yrs. old. I only drink one once in a while now, "usually a little more in summer".
I have n`t gone to the trouble to even check to see what is available , or if they have restocked, not all that important to me .
However I did want one after redoing my steering column yesterday.

Years ago the beer that was called 6 point wasn't really that. 3.2 was light and regular was 3.6. Everybody called it 6 point. Now the ABV is all over the planet but the brewers have to stay within the state laws. I have been brewing my own since I retired. I have been very satisfied with my brews. I started with a Mr. Beer kit and I have ventured into a partial mash which is a bit more complicated but a more complex taste. I have a Bavarian Weiss-bier (wheat) brewing now. I have brewed Lager, Orange Shandy, Canadian Blonde, and a couple others. Most of my brews are 5-7% apv. I bought a keg and co2 system and I have a couple 3 gallon kegs coming UPS today.View attachment 1715230455 View attachment 1715230456 View attachment 1715230458
Will you be my neighbor, at least for today :lol:

LOL, Clint u surely know more about beer than I do !
My dad use to make home brew, it was some nasty tasting stuff, but a qt. would almost put my lights out at 16-17 yrs. old. I only drink one once in a while now, "usually a little more in summer".
I have n`t gone to the trouble to even check to see what is available , or if they have restocked, not all that important to me .
However I did want one after redoing my steering column yesterday.

I’ve brewed for many years so I do know a few things about the process.

I’ve brewed for many years so I do know a few things about the process.
Well I broke down while out test driving the barracuda today and bought a 12 pack of miller hi life,
"which is my beer of choice." When I put it in the fridge in the garage, I couldn`t find anything about the alcohol content on the bottles or the carton. ???????????
By the way, I didn`t even drink one , just wanted it for when I do .

Alcohol by volume is a industry standard for Beer, wine and spirits. Alcohol by weight is B/S. Just the brewers sidestepping the 3.2 ABV rules. I buy very little since I started brewing. I can start a new batch in between a ferment or a secondary of another batch. It takes 3 weeks or so depending on what you are brewing. I have enough equipment to keep fresh batches going.

Like a guy I worked with years back, he spent a Army tour in Germany, and said " beer is a beverage, you drink it for the taste , not for a buzz!" I agree. But one beer puts me to sleep!
bout does me too ! WE IS OLD ! LOL

-
Back