I finally got a 12 sec street car!

-
briankaplan said:
I didn't build the trans. Got it in another car I had. I was
told it was built by a shop in the UP of Michigan. I have another trans I can put in till I get this one checked out.
Good definately check it out man when they go boom its messy!!!!!! :sad:

Congrats on the 12.
It seems like everyone on line has a car that goes 12's or faster, but at the track on street car night, they are far less common.

Also...

dusterdon said:
Hate to rain on your parade, brian, but you probably should take the trans out and have it checked to see if the overrunning clutch has been damaged. If it has and you try to launch it again, when your ears stop ringing you'll have a real mess to clean up. congrats on the 12 second run. Do the right thing and yank that trans.

don

That mess may include some pieces of your feet.

I agree that it HAS to be checked. Here's some info in a thread on another board

http://www.moparchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104515

Great job Brian! My duster is also a street/strip car. I drive about 45 mins take off the air cleaner and run mid 12's put the air cleaner back on and dump 5 gallons of gas in the tank and drive it home. Its a 340/30 over stock heads 292 purple shaft with a 650 dp. I run a 904 with a cheetah valve body and the car is mini tubbed with 29x15.50's mickey thompsons sportsman pro. These cars are great.
71 340 duster
97 dakota 4x4
03 stratus rt

I remember when I broke into the 11's when I was 18 in 1984 and drove the car to school

-
Back