I Finally Got my 1967 Barracuda

-

sas73

Reaction score
A while ago I posted a picture of my dad's Barracuda and the members here helped me identify it as a 67. I finally found the right one for me and here it is. I'm having a great time taking my family around in it like my dad used to in his. It is a bit rough around the edges, but the kids love it. I'm not experienced with automobile mechanics, but I suspect there are a few things I can do for it. Any thoughts?

Picture7.jpg

Picture6.jpg

Picture5.jpg

Picture4.jpg

Picture3.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Picture1.jpg

Congrats! I remember your other thread. My Dad had a '67 notch. It's a one-of-a-kind feeling when you bring your family a real piece of family history. You are fortunate. I would start by having it inspected for safety and then just clean it up, paint the aircleaner semi-gloss black, see if it needs fluids changed, etc. And take the family out to Dairy Queen and local car shows. 8)

A little cosmetics and some cool shades for your little man. That wind can be rough on kids eyes. I know. Dad had a 63 Catalina vert when I was little.

That is great!! I remember your thread as well...wasnt it the one with the pic of your mom in the passenger seat?? Looks like a very cool ride as it sits now. Like another member said abv if you want take the air breather off and give it a paint, you can do the valve covers as well, just remember to order gaskets. Be careful.....very very addicting!!LOL enjoy, get the young'un a FABO t-shirt!!

Very nice. A little TLC and she'll be ready to cruise. toolman

She's a beauty,and a vert to boot.Looks like ya told junior he couldn't drive it.8)

Very very sweet car! Congrats what a nice ride:) enjoy it I am sure you will..

I Finally Got my 1967 Barracuda
A while ago I posted a picture of my dad's Barracuda and the members here helped me identify it as a 67. I finally found the right one for me and here it is. I'm having a great time taking my family around in it like my dad used to in his. It is a bit rough around the edges, but the kids love it. I'm not experienced with automobile mechanics, but I suspect there are a few things I can do for it. Any thoughts?------Typical tune up, if needed? Oh and I think you should get a nice bench seat so your honey can snuggle next to you, And I just so happen to have one, In trade for your buckets:-D

Congrats, that looks like a fun car for you and the family. I sold mine and miss it often. When I see 67 Barracuda verts, it makes me want to go out and buy another.

P.S. -You may want to route the fuel line below the heater hoses.

Very nice Barracuda, with a neat option of a console, even though its column shifted.

You may want to get a battery hold down, so it doesn't end up in your fan.

WOW... very nice!
What a beautiful car. I was never really a Cuda guy- but have grown to like the body style more and more as I see them. Congrats and enjoy... and like daredevil said: get some shades for little man. My son used to complain about when Id put the top down and realized his eyes were getting wind-blasted.

Very nice Barracuda, with a neat option of a console, even though its column shifted.

You may want to get a battery hold down, so it doesn't end up in your fan.

Very nice car, congrats!

I didn't see a console, but buckets with column shift is pretty unusual though, my coupe race car was that way.
My daughter's was column, but it had a bench seat. I had a formula S, buckets and a four speed, but no console.

Great car...V8 top down...good color...only things to do is take off the mud flaps...clean up the engine..valve cover gaskets...dual exhaust...don't need a stereo with dual exhaust. That's about it have fun.

Beautiful car. Best advice I could give you is remember that it is 42 years old. Things will break and wear out. Don't stress about it, just enjoy it and fix things as they break. Before you know it you will "know a lot about auto mechanics". Just give her plenty of tlc and keep an eye out for markings in her spot ( break fluid, trans fluit, coolant, oil). Just enjoy her.

Very nice car, congrats!

I didn't see a console, but buckets with column shift is pretty unusual though, my coupe race car was that way.
My daughter's was column, but it had a bench seat. I had a formula S, buckets and a four speed, but no console.

Oops my bad, the chrome on the bottom of the buckets threw me off at a quick glance, thinking it was a console.

Can't beet a Barracuda convert for some good summer fun.

That is one beautiful fish for sure! A little spit and polish and it will really shine. Definitely get rid of those mudflaps, they just don't work with the gorgeous curves of the 2nd gen Barracudas.

Grant

Nice car, my only thought is just lose the mud flaps.

-
Back