I found something to help with oxidized paint

-

porksoda

Reaction score
Well I have tried a few different kinds of rubbing compounds, waxes, and polishes. All with no luck to help remove the oxidation on my Dart. Well I was outside the other day cleaning my Dart when my mail carrier walked by. He stops and tells me I should try some stuff called "TR3". I have never heard of it but I figured I would try it. I went to a few part stores with no luck of finding it. Finally the last stop was O'Reilly Auto Parts. Which they keep it instock. I tried it and it has worked better then anything else I have tried.
It is kind of hard to tell in the pictures but I used it on the panel around the windshield. The hood is still oxidized.

Here are the pics:

I hope this can help someone out! :)

Imperial hand glaze or Meguires Diamond cut # 85 Works great.You can buy both these at a paint supply store.Works better with a buffer but works great doing it by hand also.

What a crack-up. I used that stuff when I was a teenager and the can was identical.

Decent stuff.Used it in the early 80's. I still like it,it works.

This is so funny lol. Like how this is new to me but its old news to every one else on here. lol

WOW ! TR3, haven't seen that forever. Used it back in the 80's to shine up an old red 54 Ford Pickup. Pretty good stuff. I didn't think they made it anymore.

The best thing to fix oxidized paint it a buffer and the correct pads and polishes

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvpKouRTCx0"]Snickers Speedwalker Ad - YouTube[/ame]

I couldn't help myself.

I've had good luck with slightly not very faded paint using a Meguiar's product called "Colorback". Just rub it on, let if dry about a minute then lightly buff off to a nice shine.

If i was close i would make it like new, i would buff it for you .I have a proper buffer and use three steps of 3M , i now do alot of headlights they come like new .

-
Back