I Got a Hot Rod Again

-

QWK FSH

Reaction score
Long story short, got car last November, ran two tanks of fuel, tore all apart and made several changes.

A couple of changes were: (Remanufactured) Holley 750 CFM vac sec as opposed to the Eddy 800 CFM it had. and, 3:23's. as opposed to the 3:91's.

Got her all done and it's been a fun 1,800 miles except I kept thinking, wow, you lose that much changing gears?

That is until 3 weeks ago when I discovered a carb issue. The metering block was developing corrision. I lost all interest in this reman. carb and gave Summit a call.

Holy Crap! This thing flat gets it now. Kind of reminds me of those first 2 tanks of fuel with the 3:91's before I tore it all appart. I believe the reman. carb was causing me troubles I didn't even notice for some time. This car is night and day with this new carb!

So to Allstate Carburater and your, you bought it you own it attitude while admiting you were aware of this rare corrosion problem, I'll just buy Summit in the first place.

One thing I didn't rebuild was the trans, let's just say the trans is 2 seconds slower than the car in the 1/4 mile lol. Crossing my fingers it makes it to winter. Now that I've got a hot rod again that may be tough...

P1010161.jpg

Way to go man.:cheers: Those 3.91 gears are fun around town but aren't going to cut it on the highways to well. Glad to hear it's running good.

Thanks. I regret not knowing the carb was bad when made all my changes. It was a blessing though, now that it's a hot rod with the new carb my tranny's got a short life left lol. Winter's just around the corner, I'm Hoping she'll make it.

-
Back