I got a job !!!!!!!

-

1969dodgedartgt

Reaction score
good god, i got a nice job offer. \\:D/

first a little story,
So up to one month ago I've been in an Applied Math Ph.d program for the past 4 years. Last year I was worn out by my adviser and decided to leave the program. One of the first things I did was buy my dart because I knew I would need transportation for a job. I didnt know what kind of job I would be getting. I have a BS in math and a BS in Computer Science, and wasnt sure if I was going to get any advance degree. (yes you might consider me a bit of a nerd, but I've come a long way since getting expelled from high school) Also my Computer Science knowledge has atrophied over the years and the economy was well shitty, so I didnt know what my job prospects where. My father had been a computer programmer too, but he's been out of work for the past 2 years. Thankfully he too found a job about a month ago. I had even thought for a time of becoming a trucker to help my family.

I was job hunting last year a bit, but was offered to remain in the math department for another quarter because the heads of the dept know that my advisor can be hard to work for and I think they felt a bit bad for me. And for the last 3 months I've been hunting frantically for an entry level computer science job. Lots of CS jobs out here in the Bay Area, not so many entry level ones. BTW I did get a MA in math. Well I ran into a company who makes programmable computer chips at a job fair. It was something like love at first sight, they have combinatorial problems that that they need solved for building efficient chips. They needed some algorithm development, I have done a bit of that in school. I could use my math and CS skills :-D

After the fair they called the very next day to give me a phone screen and set up an interview. During the phone screen a bit of the rust on my programming knowledge was reveled. So I studied like a very good student for a week preparing for my interview last friday. The interview went ok, and they just gave me an offer for more than I asked :icescrea: <---- should be three scoops.

oh god I'm happy, no selling my dart, no moving back with my parents.

sorry this is long and rambly but thought I would share my joy.:love7:
if only I could kick this flu
:wav:

Fricken good on you man. Go forth and conquer.

Congrats on finding a great job. I hope to duplicate your accomplishment sometime soon. It's been 1.5 years since graduating from college, still nothing.

Congrats!!! Can i borrow some money!! LOL:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

-
Back