I got a promotion today!

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
I have been a General sales manager for about 3 years now and got promoted to General Manager today. It's as high as I can get without buying my own store. It happens to be a Ford Jeep Lincoln Mercury store, I was in a full line GM store for the last 7 years. Sorry guy's no Mopars. My office is bitchen, I have my own bathroom and fridge. It's a pretty good sized store, about 55,000 square feet. It has a resturant too. I start there next monday. Oh I also got a raise :thumrigh:

Here is a link:

http://www.shottenkirksuperstore.com/

Hey,First job you need to do is get them to fix the web site. The used vehile button brings you to 2 2005 ford p/u's.
and the new button brins you to all the used cars :scratch:

yeah I noticed that :roll: you think after spending 8 million dollars on a building we could have a better website. I'll check into that.

Congrats Brett .. GM of the store? That is like beyond pimp status ... If I could offer one thing .. and I know it isn't my place to do so, but. If you also oversee the parts and service ..take care of the technicians. They are the one's making the $90/hour for the shop, and they often times get pooped on.

If I had a penny for every GM I worked for that didn't give a crap, I'd be racing Top Fuel. Well ok .. not a penny, a nickel.

:afro:

they sell jeeps, if they sell that you could get any mopar part you would ever need...i deal with my jeep guy for ALL of my factory mopar parts.......good luck with the new job.........YOUR OWN REFRIGERATOR AND BATHROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MINT :thumrigh:

Congrats!!! Now, the big question is what are you going to spend all that extra money on? :lol:

It's the parts department that gets all the crap. When a deal goes bad, take the profit from the parts department. When a part isn't needed, the parts department eats it. I know from experience. Take care of those guys!

Thanks guy's, believe me I will take care of the parts and service guy's. I'll need them just as much as they need me, plus they will do all kinds of things to help a guy out.

Yeah I have to put more time in for a while so I will be slowing down on the fun car stuff. I'm gonna buy or build a new house and put up a shop with the extra $$

Then on to a pro street cuda or custom chopper?

A 9 sec streetable cuda sounds cool!

congrats, must work for a dealer group then huh. I work at a family owned and operated CHEVY/Buick store we dont have a GSM let alone a GM. closest thing to a GSM is the new car manager. Been here 5 years making good money selling but really would like to get into managment instead of sales only. Unfortunatly that will never happen for me here but I do love the store and the owners....great people to work for with a great pay plan. All of my friends that work for dealer groups or multiple stores for an owner seem to move to management. Something to think about.

Ron

So....your the man to talk to now about a sponsorship....LOL

Congrats, you earned it.

oh, i guess taht somebody else then. ok.
well damn. that means... you should start a new project then :)

BARRACUDA340S said:
Don't have a wife so I guess I'll have to pick up something for the Cuda!

Congrats on the promotion, hope you work as well with the other managers as the GM does at my store.

Sorry to hear about the wife.

Congrats Brett! :eek:ccasion:

Oh by the way I have this little problem with my Jeep......... :mrgreen:

-
Back