I got it home today

-
Could anyone give me some info on some drivetrain items I have? I'll post pics as well.

The heads say 'J' on them, so I assume that's a clear indication that they're J heads.. haha.
The radiator fins measure 28" end to end.. maybe I'm measuring wrong and it's a 26" rad?
The block on the drivers side front under the head reads.. 8W360 6677, then on an angle in larger font reads 3410.
I also have a washer welded to my K frame, which I read somewhere else that that indicates from a 340 car. I know my 67 isn't a 340 car, but just noticing details.
Does anyone have any info on the LD4B intake on the car?

Thanks!

69E625E1-427F-46D8-B71E-CC23C860FE68.jpg

0F98A02C-1DB2-4CBB-A9FC-5EE2455B755A.jpg

883A2433-652A-4477-8A85-B52784DC8F07.jpg

C39D7F41-6054-4FB7-9F70-CF3EB1EBBA63.jpg

Haven't updated this in a year and a half. Carmen and I are buying a house, and I've decided I'd rather drive this to the house than to tow it. So the past week I pulled the intake due to a broken carb stud corner, and to re gasket it. I pulled an Edelbrock RPM off a 60's pickup I have, and rebuilt the Holley 750 double pumper which had about a 1/4" of varnish sitting in the bottom of the float bowls. I pulled the fuel pump and cleaned it out, and installed new lines. I'm swapping the tank out with a cleaner one, since it had bad gas sitting turning to varnish for a couple years.

The engine has a Mopar purple camshaft which is good news.

The clutch on my truck went, so I had Carmen driving the Valiant, which was towing the Cuda out of the garage.

This car has been dry since 1989, and I pulled it out of the garage today. Sure enough, we had an insane rain storm which had rain overflowing out of the gutters, and a small river heading down the driveway. At least the car got a good wash.

Got it running today! Swapped out distributors, gas tank, and rubber fuel lines. Cleaned out the fuel pump, and put in a new fuel filter. All the varnish is gone, and with a charged battery, it fired right up. Took a bit to get it to idle without giving it gas, but it's good!
Drove it around the block and it idled on its own. That was the first time I've ever driven it further than 10 feet into a garage!
It has a manual valve body, and 3.91 SG. It pulls pretty damn hard too!
Putting day plates on it tomorrow so I can run around town and work out any bugs I may encounter. Just need to mount the bumper and headlight bezels/headlights.

Cool car Mike. Didn't know you had this stashed away....hoarder! LOL. I'll be following this now.

Well, the Holley started leaking like a bastard after the rebuild. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but the new gaskets didn't seem to seal. So, I threw on a reliable Edelbrock that I had on my Fargo.
Got a set of front bumper brackets from a friend, and got the front bumper on today. Also got the headlights on with bezels, it's starting to look more complete.
I had a pile of remote mirrors, so mounted one. Also changed out the passenger side turn signal for a good one.

Cool car Mike. Didn't know you had this stashed away....hoarder! LOL. I'll be following this now.

You should talk......hoarder. At least I don't have that problem. Great to hear you got it on the road Mike!

Well, the Holley started leaking like a bastard after the rebuild. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but the new gaskets didn't seem to seal. So, I threw on a reliable Edelbrock that I had on my Fargo.
Got a set of front bumper brackets from a friend, and got the front bumper on today. Also got the headlights on with bezels, it's starting to look more complete.
I had a pile of remote mirrors, so mounted one. Also changed out the passenger side turn signal for a good one.

Was that the same holley,you sold for 50 bucks,were did it leak? nice fish btw.

Was that the same holley,you sold for 50 bucks,were did it leak? nice fish btw.

Nope, the one I sold is newer with plastic floats.

The one on the Cuda leaked out the fuel lines, out the float bowl screws, out the metering blocks, out the float adjustment screws, f*cking everywhere. New Holley gaskets used too.

-
Back