I got it home today

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
Well, I bought the 67 Barracuda that I posted a 'What's it worth' thread about. For those of you that didn't read the thread, well, it's a 67 Barracuda, original /6 car. I bought it with a rebuilt 360, 750 CFM 4bbl, Edelbrock intake, and unsure of the rest of it. It has a rebuilt 727, and an 8 3/4 with SureGrip 3.91's. I made sure it was a SureGrip by doing a good burnout in my driveway ;) It has a nicely rebuilt front end, with a big bolt disc conversion, all very clean. It has a front sway bar with all new bushings.
The interior is white buckets with a console.
The car needs quarters on both sides, some rocker work, some trunk pan work, valence work, and both front fenders.
It came with a MINT trunk lid, it can't get any cleaner, and another hood with the 340 S emblems. All the door handles, mirrors, misc trim, and headlight buckets are in boxes in the car, and the front bumper and an extra rear are in the trunk, as well as a bunch of other extra misc parts.
I paid $2500 for it, and I think I did pretty good.

1000000309.jpg

1000000310.jpg

1000000308.jpg

1000000311.jpg

1000000241.jpg

1000000235.jpg

1000000237.jpg

I think you done good.......Obviously its a car you wanted...That to me is the difference.$$$ doesnt matter..well all as long isnt plain to see its too much. The car and price seem good to me. Congrats, looking forward on seeing your progress.

Decent car, you did good. Plus, you could always sell the 68-S inserts for a good chunk of $ if you wanted

nice score! keep posting pics. I just picked up a 67 for the same money but wont post pics. lol

Good to hear you got it home with no problems Mike.
You just need to give it a good clean up and it'll look a lot better.
I can imagine what the cops would say to you if they caught you driving it around with no fenders and doing burnouts with it!
Great looking project there BTW.
Tom.

I forgot I even made this thread. These are the only pictures I have of the car with fenders on it.

67cyda2.jpg

67cuda.jpg

This thing runs pretty rough. Hardly starts, and idles really rough. Takes forever to get it started too. Not sure what the specs on the engine are, but getting it started is a simple task, which I can't really understand whats preventing it from happening.

Good luck and have fun.

FYI, the front and rear bumpers are exactly the same on 67-69 cudas.

QUOTE___This thing runs pretty rough. Hardly starts, and idles really rough. Takes forever to get it started too. Not sure what the specs on the engine are, but getting it started is a simple task, which I can't really understand whats preventing it from happening.QUOTE--------fuel , spark,air..together make FIRE! im sure once you go through it all it will be a good runner.good score!

nice score Mike , there's a couple of Notch's for sale in Colwood , a 67 and a 68 the guy wants to sell em both as a package , check Used Victoria the 67 is a parts car but the 68 is the same colour as yours and very restorable

nice score Mike , there's a couple of Notch's for sale in Colwood , a 67 and a 68 the guy wants to sell em both as a package , check Used Victoria the 67 is a parts car but the 68 is the same colour as yours and very restorable

I just checked it out. That's a pretty clean notch, it's just too bad I don't have $7000.

I just checked it out. That's a pretty clean notch, it's just too bad I don't have $7000.
yeah I did a drive by and got out to walk around it and it is pretty decent ,the parts car was pretty decent as well I'm sure waving 4k or 5k cash under his nose would get you both cars ,I'm not looking for anything that needs body work assembly I can deal with but body work is just a no win deal . We won't rehash what the last ahole I trusted did once he had my car shredded to a pile of parts for his guy to do the body and paint.

-
Back