I hate deer!!!!!!!!

-

mwls73duster360

Bad as Buddy Holly
Reaction score
Today was horrible! we get home try to start the duster and nothing. After awhile i figured it out my fuel pump is shot. ok fine so we are back to driving the jeep. My girl leaves for work and no more than 5m later i get the call. Honey i hit a deer. So after tears and sobbing i get her calmed down. She is fine but the jeep, not so much. and to top it off we are broke put all the cash into the gas this morning. well the duster will be eazier to fix so its first. I dont even know how much the pump cost but the jeep needs a hood grill lights and radiator. so yay no car so no school and no work. idk maybe im dramatic but feel like repeatedly head butting a wall right now. anyway heres the jeep, i got most of the fur off and spent the last few hours tearing it apart so i would know what it needs
42301725018246027537896.jpg
:mumum:

Ouch! Glad it wasn't worse and glad she wasn't hurt..........it'll be a long time before i get "badlilred"s crash out of my memory. It does suck with a lot of deer's moving around this time of year. The wife hit one back in the 80's when we lived in Md. She was ok, but totaled her AMC Concord wagon.

Damn, glad she is ok. A fuel pump should only cost bout $25. Maybe even finf one at a parts yard.

awesome at least its not to far of a goal then ill have to call around tomarrow will be alot less stress to come up with 25 i was thinking around 50

That is a real pisser, sorry to see it. I am in Southern CA, where you do not expect encounters with deer, but it happened to me. I was driving my silver black vinyl top, 2nd owner, 32k orginal survivor 69 Cuda, with perfect interior/exterior, with no more than very minor door dings. These have one year only grill elements that are impossible to find. Well it cause damage to bumper, left fender, nose cone, broke, grill mesh, surounds, chrome trim, turn signal, etc.. Counld not stand to own it with the damage, since I could not afford to fix it, and ended up selling the car to a good home with a new owner who promply put the necessary cash and time into it to bring it back to it's oriinal glory.

Sorry to hear that absolutely sucks, glad she is ok. I may have a mech. fuel pump kicking around, if I do its been sitting around for a long time. You can have it if you want. Im on the other side of the continent so it may take a while to get to you. Send me a pm if I can help. Long or short tongue fuel pump??? Short I think but I could be wrong....

ah hell o well thanks for trying

Chk this link out from Rockauto....if it doesnt work, go to RA's site, pick a 78 charger with a 360, then select fuel and it gives you about 4 different makes of fuel pumps. To me the pics look like a long tongue for the 360, I think I have one, not sure. Send me an email as a reminder to [email protected] put fabo fuel pump in the subject line. I will chk thursday
Enough of my rambling, here is the link

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?ck[ID]=532b1abc969bf8dfe6eedad538024549&ck[idlist]=532b1abc969bf8dfe6eedad538024549&ck[viewcurrency]=CAD

For a quick fix on the Jeep I'd simply do the rad and lights. The other stuff is cosmetic,and as long as the hood closes it can wait.

When my wife nailed a deer with our Jeep it cost me $5600.00 to put it back together. Check the pulley on the power steering pump. It could be cracked or broken, if it came into contact with the fan or radiator. The pump failed soon after. My water pump squeeked for 40 thousand miles before I couldn't take it any longer and changed it out. The balancer spun on the hub making it useless and it rubbed a hole into the timing cover. Cover was 90 bucks. Exhaust got jarred loose. Then there was all the body parts. Also fans, and other assorted stuff. Oddly enough the hood survived. Yes...we all love deer.

You got off lucky, LOL. My neighbor has for years driven to work in "deer alley" on 95N. He's always had "work cars" until last year (he does bodywork on the side) fixed up a NICE little driver, paint, great.

Clipped a deer, mashed up the hood, grill, bumper, LAUNCHED the deer into the air WHICH FELL on the hood and windshield---broke the windshield WE AIN'T DONE YET, slid up over the roof and broke the back glass and damaged the trunk lid.

-
Back