i must be completely missing something ?!?

-
by the way it's your turn to start a thread and you know what I'm talking about maybe you can make better rules? Me I like worms!:D I liked everything but the threatening each other.:wack:

You did just fine on that thread.... didn't you mention "interesting"? .... :D Yes sir, I had a front row ring side seat..LOL

You did just fine on that thread.... didn't you mention "interesting"? .... :D Yes sir, I had a front row ring side seat..LOL
actually I thought I quoted you is the one thinking it would be " interesting?" either way it sure got interesting!

^^^Hey! I dont get it!
Unless you're referring to the earlier post, maybe on a different thread.
Found it: To stroke or not to stroke. p1 post 7
Haaaaahaaaaaahaaahaahaha. I'm not very good with jokes...........

Make sure if you get the 002 and 003 springs, your rear shocks extend far enough to make the springs work. And you're gonna need an adjustable pinion snubber. And reinforce the floor where the snubber makes contact.

You really need to find a copy of the Direct Connection Performance book.

Watch "Scrapper launch" on YouTube
Scrapper launch: [ame]https://youtu.be/IpduZf5g8yY[/ame]. have a very short clip of my last launch. It's not much and not good or clear, but it's what I have . ......

Its a bad video alright!

Your front shock look to be way stiff and stops the weight transfer to the rear.....Rear air shocks are holding up the rear end......good......Bad.......Indifferent..... :dontknow:

The rear did not rise AT ALL. The rear tires are not planting. SS springs will fix all dat, yo.

SS 002/003 no snubber no anything else oh calvert shocks
[ame]https://youtu.be/rewKjJpqGRs[/ame]

need a lower axle ratio, maybe ditch the tunnelram.
in the video the car appears soft.

need a lower axle ratio, maybe ditch the tunnelram.
in the video the car appears soft.
I just went from a 355 track lock to 410 spool. Sorry the tunnel ram must stay. I'm sure the car would be quicker without a 4 speed or tunnel ram but that's what makes me happy and that's ultimately what the car is for. Thank you for your ideas

I had a spool once. Ran it 4 times. It went straight back onto the shelf, after the race.
Spools are for straight line driving,whodaguessed? Trac-locs make me happy.
Yes besides the very in frequent "DANGER RIDE!" its straight line only.

Take it easy on the first few turns, until you get used to the whacko-dance, the back will be doing.EDIT turning at low speeds
I tried driving around in our small community the evening after the Saturday race date but quickly found it too unnerving,EDIT turning at low speeds. Monday, after work, that chunk was outta there. At some later date the trac-loc went back in and the spool was shelved,never to be used again. EDIT The trac-loc,of course,worked perfectly, with or without the 325DRs.

Yes besides the very in frequent "DANGER RIDE!" its straight line only.

race only, 4.56 OR 4.88 gear would get the 60' down as the tunnelram starts wurking at 3000 rpm. your et is lost in the 1/8.
you have a combo lacking low end torque, with good top end power

That junk don't run!!! LOL :cheers:

Nice day when they re-prepped the track. Snuuber to hold shop door open for a breeze. Perfect. :)

I'd run the snubber on Jpar's car because of the stick shift. Just leave a little extra clearance. If it needs it, it's there. If it doesn't need it, it's just a little extra weight.

race only, 4.56 OR 4.88 gear would get the 60' down as the tunnelram starts wurking at 3000 rpm. your et is lost in the 1/8.
you have a combo lacking low end torque, with good top end power

I must say your comments challenge my thinking. I've never would have thought my 410 stroker lacked low end torque ? When I drop the clutch at 3500 rpm i thought it was the crappy street suspension letting the tires spin and not the gears. And still do. But again thank you for the thought challenge.

I'd run the snubber on Jpar's car because of the stick shift. Just leave a little extra clearance. If it needs it, it's there. If it doesn't need it, it's just a little extra weight.

I need to get that smokey burn off ! I have to try second gear.

Slide your seat as far back as you can for weight transfer...

I must say your comments challenge my thinking. I've never would have thought my 410 stroker lacked low end torque ? When I drop the clutch at 3500 rpm i thought it was the crappy street suspension letting the tires spin and not the gears. And still do. But again thank you for the thought challenge.

Imagine dropping the clutch at 3500 rpm and the chassis reacts with instant hook.
the tunnelram has moved your powerband up. less torque below 3000 rpm. time lost.
how do I hook and get into tunnelram operating range?.think about it.
shift point 5800 ?

"I must say your comments challenge my thinking. I've never would have thought my 410 stroker lacked low end torque ? When I drop the clutch at 3500 rpm i thought it was the crappy street suspension letting the tires spin and not the gears. And still do. But again thank you for the thought challenge."
Very subtle. lol.

I have the same problem. And I know its my street suspension.But I love it.The 295s are totally predictable, the torque delivery is very broad, and starts early, so 2nd gear sliding is school-girl-giggly fun. And it still goes 93 in the 1/8, allbeit somewhat slowly. And I'm in no hurry to change it. I'm not at all interested in 60fts (mine is right around 2.0), cause thats not me. I'm not at all interested in ETs;same reason. I love 2nd gear sliding.Thats me! A long time ago, I was interested in those things(60fts and ETs). At that time I was too poor to pursue it.Now that I do have a little money, it's not going there.

Now,I know you are interested in those things. And thats ok. As long as it doesn't put you in the poor-house. And I see you asking questions, and digesting the information, and moving in the right direction(mostly), so it seems to me, eventually you will realize your goals, without spending a ton of money going down expensive,dead-end, roads.
May the force be with you.................

Take it easy on the first few turns, until you get used to the whacko-dance, the back will be doing.
I tried driving around in our small community the evening after the Saturday race date but quickly found it too unnerving. Monday, after work, that chunk was outta there. At some later date the trac-loc went back in,and the spool was shelved,never to be used again..

I your car was doing all the stuff down the track and on the road you described. There was something else wrong with your car. I have been driving several different cars on the street for 20 years with a spool and I never could tell the difference with or without the spool on the street. I drove my Demon 1000's of miles with a spool and a 5500 stall 8 in. convertor, 4.30 gears and never had a issue.

-
Back