i must be completely missing something ?!?

-
EXACTLY ! Have you ever thought about going into rocket science!?? LOL :poke: this "i must be completely missing something" thread has turned into my suspension is garbage thread, no? Month before next race.
the first things I'm going to try- new heavy duty leaf springs and four new race shocks. While this is by no means a guarantee for a 1.50 sixty foot, its probably a step in the right direction? Thank you stroked340

NO HD leaf springs. you need the 002 and 003 SUPER STOCK springs. Now read that ten more times.

I got your PM. I will give you a shout when I can sit down and talk at a decent hour. May be a few days.

Yes, more pulleys equal stability but you can go crank to alt with out throwing belts, it's called alignment and not just an eyeball look. Use a straight edge to project a line from your alt down to the crank, move your alt in or out till you get a straight line. Another couple of things to think about...........what is the size of your crank pulley, and your alt pulley...........larger crank pulley than alt means you are driving alt 1.5 to 2 times faster than crank speed......what's your alt turning at 6000 rpm on the crank? Slow your alt down. Does the armature of your ride on bushings or ball bearings? That will cause problems as bushings are not too stable at rpm and they cause drag big time.

Good luck!

Yeah I know. But at HIS level, all that's slam not necessary. I don't want to get this on a tangent arguing about belt drives. That's not his immediate problem. I am beginning to think that's between his ears honestly.

More pulleys in a belt drive system ads stability. If you cannot see that, then maybe we need to stop talkin.
easy cowboy! I totally agree the more pulleys add stability. the only thing I cannot see is anyone else on the drag strip running mechanical water pumps and such. there is one guy in my class actually that runs a mechanical water pump in his 14 second car that he drives to work I will give you that. my question is have you been to the drag strip lately? I'm not saying I'm doing it because everyone else is, I'm not one to jump off a bridge because everyone else is.
I love ya Triple R, just give me a call I already PM'd you my number last night and you can yell at me in person! Lol A lot gets lost here writing on the Internet.

Yeah I know. But at HIS level, all that's slam not necessary. I don't want to get this on a tangent arguing about belt drives. That's not his immediate problem. I am beginning to think that's between his ears honestly.

I was going to say he really needs to adjust operator headspace and timing.

OUT....

NO HD leaf springs. you need the 002 and 003 SUPER STOCK springs. Now read that ten more times.

I got your PM. I will give you a shout when I can sit down and talk at a decent hour. May be a few days.
002 and 003 SUPER STOCK springs I'll goggle that - 10-4 :salute:

002 and 003 SUPER STOCK springs I'll goggle that - 10-4 :salute:

Not a fan of the super stock springs they make the car sit TOO high..get yourself a pair of the h.d. springs..my car 60' in the mid 1.60's with my 360 and with my 416 low 1.40's..

Not a fan of the super stock springs they make the car sit TOO high..get yourself a pair of the h.d. springs..my car 60' in the mid 1.60's with my 360 and with my 416 low 1.40's..

Thank so much for your help and advice. NOW here is where I get in trouble with this forum. I often get told I'm not listening to good advice. These springs are a little more than $100 each? Who's good advice do I take?
do I get these springs or those springs? Good advice. Do I put on an extra pulley or do I get a different pulley? Good advice. this is like the old "do you still beat your wife" question - I can't win. Please remember I'M STUPID !

When I was throwing my alternator belt I bought the Moroso pulley and it fixed the problem.

When I was throwing my alternator belt I bought the Moroso pulley and it fixed the problem.

I haven't researched it yet but I assume they have different depths to get the belt out away from that water pump?

The SS springs, I agree do pop the back up a tad(heh-heh) high for a street car. Theres ways around that tho.And they aint much for cornering with marginally fitting meats.
For a track-car, they're tried and true.And a pre-requisite for affordable,low ETs.

The SS springs, I agree do pop the back up a tad(heh-heh) high for a street car. Theres ways around that tho.And they aint much for cornering with marginally fitting meats.
For a track-car, they're tried and true.And a pre-requisite for affordable,low ETs.

I like affordable ! !

It seems to me, there was a guy on FABO with 6-banger springs and home-built "cal-tracs", on here, not long ago. I think he made it work. Anybody remember that?I did a search. Spent an hour. Couldnt find it.

This car has SS springs and 2" lowering blocks. He has Bilstein shocks and the ride is fine for a street car.

34B159C5-AC7D-4710-A067-60311F9A8A79_zpsyylbqlub.jpg

I had SS springs and 2 in. lowering blocks on my Demon also.

Attachments

• Demon 2 001.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 175
When i put my SS Spring on, i though i had a caddy! LOL

I tried to build my own SS Spring by adding two extra leafs on one side and one extra on the other side.

I did this to perk up the back end so my wide street tires(at the time) wouldn't rub on my wheel well opening.

Didn't get any rise in the rear, just a old truck like suspension.

So the SS Spring were a grate relief to my back and the side walls when i installed them!#-o :D

Stroker with a manual transmission. SS springs are what you NEED. I am done.

Stroker with a manual transmission. SS springs are what you NEED. I am done.
Is this a bolt for bolt swap? This isn't my first rodeo with aftermarket parts!? No relocation of parts? I already have a half inch aluminium plate between the frame and front leaf shackle mount to get the 28 rear tires to fit.

This car has SS springs and 2" lowering blocks. He has Bilstein shocks and the ride is fine for a street car.

34B159C5-AC7D-4710-A067-60311F9A8A79_zpsyylbqlub.jpg
Love the way it sits...... I think this is a better subject than leaf springs :D

by the way it's your turn to start a thread and you know what I'm talking about maybe you can make better rules? Me I like worms!:D I liked everything but the threatening each other.:wack:

-
Back