I Need a Name

-

ProTouringCuda

Reaction score
OK _ The '64 Cuda's Homecoming is tentatively set for Thursday, October 15th. Now, since this will essentially start the beginning of the build - I was thinking the car needs a name.

When I was a Kid, I always wanted a Schwinn Orange Krate, but my parents could not afford to get me one. So, I'm kinda leaning toward that. Any other suggestions out there?

Just as some background, it's gonna mimmick my avatar (do a search for Eric Brockmeyer if you want to see the full image). I purchased a signed (#9) copy of this and it will be hanging in the garage for reference. My plan is to get the build to look as close to the rendering as I possibly can. Current plans are for a 5.7 Hemi, AlterK in front, coil overs / 4 link in back, LOW, American Racing Torq Thrust-M's, and of course orange.

Let's hear some build name suggestions!

I'm all for "Orange Krate". :cheers:

Thats funny, I am going to put a Swinger decal on the chain guard of my Stingray.

DSC00025 (Custom).JPG

My 2 cents-I think you've already nailed it!A couple of ideas-ditch the Barracuda references-emblems,script-and sub in some nods to the aquatic Stingray;meld in the white pinstripe motif that I recall from the bikes;custom license plates (Paterson loves the extra revenue)-SCHWINN;and I know this one is way out there-wire wheels with the appropriate performance rubber.The great thing about free advice is that it's worth what you paid for it :cheers:!

I would add something like Toxic to orange krate the seperate my car from a bicycle. Then you could refer to TOK. OK could be confusing

How about "expensive" ? :toothy7:

Just funnin' . I name all our cars ..Tioxic Orange sounds good..crate has neg connotations ..

Good luck regardless..and love you avitar..don't forget to post pictures..

Ian.

I like the idea of the "orange krate" because of the history behind it you gave us. As for the "negative" conotation behind the word as has been suggested, it would be like a big man being called "tiny." Anyone would look at it and know it's anything but.

ramenth,

I agree with the history...and if folks saw the car, they would know better but haven't you ever called any of your clapped out cars a "crate"..weapon or POS ?

I appoligize if I offended..not my intent..

Protouring cuda, when you have decided..we need pictures and of course, the name..

Grassy

Thats funny, I am going to put a Swinger decal on the chain guard of my Stingray.
There is a Mustang on car domain called Orange Krate. I don't see why his Cuda couldn't share that name too.

Cloned - That's too funny. Here's an ad for the original Orange Krate / Stingray. I loved that bike, and tried to duplicate it with all the parts bikes I put together.

Anyway, thinking "Orange Krate Cuda". That has a ring to it...

For all of you too young to remember, here's the original "Orange Crate" '32 Ford Sedan flip-top racecar from the '61 WinterNationals and '61 Oakland Roadster Show. Sorry for the small pic.

OrangeCrate.jpg

Orange Acid

As in "Don't touch the Orange Acid". I knew a guy back in high school ('84) that wanted to call his band Orange Acid.

Wylde1.

the word "krate" is real catchy
orange krate sounds like a soda
definitley something with krate in it

I would add something like Toxic to orange krate the seperate my car from a bicycle. Then you could refer to TOK. OK could be confusing

This is what I vote for, Toxic orange Krate.

second I would call it Hemi Orange Krate

For the bike I would name it Cream Cycle..

..and if the engine makes a ticking sound..you can call it the TIC -TOQ :)

-
Back