I need help with under the dash wiring brake switch and such

-

jrosey

Reaction score
69 dart

My first question is I got 3 wires hanging down i know 2 are for the brake switch which I don't have yet but if I jump them only passenger brake light works? What the 3rd on for or where does it go..

Next is the other pick with a wire with a piggy back on it?
20200905_210847.jpg
20200905_211121.jpg

Last edited:
Well, the pink and white are for the stop light switch. Sorry, it's been awhile, the other may be for tbe emergency brake switch. It almost looks like a door switch.

, the other may be for tbe emergency brake switch
That is exactly what it is for. There is a door switch like switch on the e-brake and it has a single round connector.
Next is the other pick with a wire with a piggy back on it?

Might be wire to emergency flasher switch, and the piggy back would go to the turn signal switch.

It would be helpful to know:

What year
What car
What modifications

Go to mymopar.com and download your cars Factory Service Manual and wiring diagram.

Last edited:
The brake switch output feeds INTO the turn signal switch and the TS switch then routes that power to left, right or both. So be sure your TS flashers work, and that the switch is centered.

You have a diagram/ shop manual? Go to MyMopar and download one. What color is the other dangling wires? And are you sure it's "factory?"

Ok so got brake light switch hooked up but what puzzles me is only passenger side works but wire harness goes to drivers side first then passenger so idk

Ok so got brake light switch hooked up but what puzzles me is only passenger side works but wire harness goes to drivers side first then passenger so idk

What wire harness are you talking about? I told you above.........the brake switch gets constant power. When the pedal is pressed, it connects brake lamp power INTO the TS switch. The switch must be in neutral / center. The switch then routes brake lamp power to the left kickpanel connector, then back to the rear to the lamps

Could be bad TS switch, bad connection in the kick panel connector, broken wire in the harness, bad ground at a rear lamp socket, bad pigtail, bad bulb..........................Use your head

Did you read anything I posted?

Well arnt we rude on this site... I'm sorry I have tried following the electrical diagram but its difficult. I'm sorry im not cool like you.

Do as suggested, check your connections, I like dielectric grease too. The one that is not coming on, could be ground, the new bulbs are not what they used to be. Had basically the same problem as you are having, for the hell of it, I took the new bulbs out and put 2 old used ones that I had and guess what, they worked. So it may be simple or it can be difficult.

The man is explaining how the circuits it works, so you can figure it out operationally. He's is asking you questions, which you're not answering. Really don't see how that is rude. Let me see if I can illustrate. If I told you to attach those two wires to the switch and the other wire to the other switch, you'ld be frustrated with the answer. That's the issue.

You need help reading a diagram? just say what diagram you're looking at and someone will help.
or you can go here and read one of the booklets on using wiring diagrams.

-
Back