I Need One of These... It Leaks!!

-

19 Again..

Reaction score
I need to get one of these, I'm not sure if it's called either a "Heater Valve" or a "Heater Bypass Valve". My bad I should know... However It's starting to drip a little, seep, and hiss at the arm. So can anyone tell me who sells them or where to get one, that won't leak if its an NOS old one... Seems like I can find everything that fits someone elses but my own. Unless the design has been changed? It's for a 73 duster (that had air) 318..
Thanks everyone for any input..

Attachments

• Heater Valve 1.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 466
  • Heater Valve 2.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 460
That's a heater control valve, I believe.

It stops the flow of coolant through the heater core when you are running the a/c or not using the heat.

I would try NAPA for one.

If it starts to leak too much, you can always temporarily bypass it and run straight hose.

If you don't mind it looking "different", lots and LOTS of vehicles used those for many years. Make sure that it goes the right way with vacuum. I don't know if they all do, IE open with vacuum

Yep, heater controll valve. Most auto stores can get it for ya.

As a side note......73 Dodge Power Wagon uses a HCV that is cable operated, and 90 Dodge Power Ram uses a vacuum controlled HCV if anyone ever needs one for an "add on" device.

George

my 92 Jeep Cherokee has one on itand i just replaced it a year or so ago

I bought a new one, I think the application was for a '78 Volare maybe. It wasn't too expensive at all and does not need a bracket.
C

Check ebay. I have seen generic ones for ~$12 that look almost like yours without a bracket. You might be able to attach your bracket to it. Also many application specific ones. At least yours is a simple 2-tube one. Some Mopars had 4 tube ones that are hard to find.

Thank You "my5thmopar". That's what makes the forum so good.. There is always someone who has a line on something when a person needs it!!!!!

Thank You

My car is also like 19's. It originaly was a/c equiped but it was removed, and I need a heater control valve also.
The vacuum operated ones on the Bouchillon site look pretty good. Does anyone know if the original valve was normally open or closed?

Thanks.............Ted

Not yet.. Been traveling too much, gonna try after the first of the year.. Thanks for asking though..

-
Back