i raced today or should i say yesterday.

-

abodyhotrod

Reaction score
so i got a chance to take her to the track again, and well no better than before,out of 6 runs i matched my best of 12.38 this time 4mph slower and no exaust. maybe the air, go figure i left on a trans brake this time 3800rpm. same 60 as before same et. out of the 6 passes i counted all were either 1.74 60 or1.79 60ft... except the one i left in second.

next time i will raise my brake rpm and hope for less than 100 degree wheather. there is no tire spin yet.

my stall is 3800-4200 can i push it much more w/the trans brake. will it take a 4500+ hit, i think it will carry me alittle further off the line. car is soild and built,drives straight i just want to go faster.

oh will my 45 pound rear tires make that much of a differance. yes these mothers are heavy steele summit rims weigh @ least a ton apeace w/tire.

oh and there are way to many mopars here in vegas to only have 2 peeps on this sight.....

Sounds like a fun day...except that 100* weather.

My Scamp has a 360 with a 3800 converter,It likes to leave at 1500 to 2000rpms. If I leave any higher, the 60fts slow and the ET is slower also.

My car usualy does a 1.54 60ft, and runs 11.30s

Dennis Jokela

Yes,the heat will slow it down my dusters best pass so far this season is a 11.86..i'm waiting for the cooler air inwhich it ran a 11.79 last fall..my converter is a 3800 stall i leave at 2800 rpms...

ok im gonna try one hit at about 4500rpm if that doesnt help i will back off. my foot brake 2500rpm launch was pretty much the same as the trans brake launch at 3800.
it almost doesnt make since but i does.

makes me wounder. they say change you squirters to help your 60 ft times well when you run a trans brake you dont use your squirters to get going you use rpm. pedel to the floor no squirter(acel.pump) left. when you leave on foot brake 2000 rpm you still have most the first one and all the second squirter left. i guess i have sum learnin to do....does this make since.

thanks guys for the imput i hope to be down w/you guys in the 11's soon...

Is it a stock stroke 360? I would like to hear the build details please. Im thinking that 12"s are very respectable for a street 360.

Oh,and what is your rpm through the finsh line?

408 srp 10.2 comp.
750 mighty demon(looking for bigger)m-1
solid roller .576 .591 cam
eddies slight port roller comp rockers
727 3800-4200 boss hog
moser60 4:11s

i think i hit the traps at 6400 or so i have the rev limiter at 6500 and i seem to hit it right at the end.

this motor seems to have all the good power robbers.
high volume oil pump
high volume water pump
flex fan
moser60
heavy *** steel wheels

i have always foot braked a little just to help catch the light. she runs the same 60ft as with the tbrake at 3800. but like i said no tire spin so i figured i could set the t brake higher.

-
Back