I really, really have to stay out of gun shops

-
... i have the same problem with Gun Broker, I always end up getting on there to see what the going price is for a certain gun and then almost always find one on there I like and own it a week later :(

....at least they are cheaper then cars........

Not true, just a few hurdles to go through before you can own one.....

ya here in detroit if your under 21 (handgun) or under 18 (rifle) it must be obtained through a PRIVATE sale or be given as a gift.... LOOP HOLE :glasses7:

Very sweet. I picked up a GSG 1911 a couple of months ago. Great little pistol and uses many 1911 parts. The first thing that I did was disable the mag safety. Dumbest safety ever.

The other one I picked up a couple of weeks ago and is a Colt Pre-Ban AR15 A2 in like new condition. Both of these guys are a blast to shoot.

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 160
  • photo.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 171
Really...:shock:

Heck I would buy one...I thought something that looks that nice would be 1375.00.
are all guns that reasonable ???

Guns are like cars, one Mopar can cost $500 and another $50,000. There are a lot of affordable, good quality firearms out there if you do a little research.

I have the same issue with guns and cars. In the spring and summer we have the swap meets and car shows, in the fall and winter we have the gun shows! Last winter it was a custom AR-15 with the full treatment and a couple others I just had to have while browsing. I am going to try and refrain this winter!
I did just finish a neat little project for my guns this week. I converted an older Coca-cola vending machine into a gun locker. All new paint, the face still lights up, the buttons all function, but SURPRISE! When you open the machine up it looks just like a high dollar gun safe with lighting, racks, and storage. The wife was against a gun cabinet in our rec room so this should fit the atmosphere much better

I did just finish a neat little project for my guns this week. I converted an older Coca-cola vending machine into a gun locker. All new paint, the face still lights up, the buttons all function, but SURPRISE! When you open the machine up it looks just like a high dollar gun safe with lighting, racks, and storage. The wife was against a gun cabinet in our rec room so this should fit the atmosphere much better

So, what drops out of the bottom after you put your coins in and push the button?

Gotta post some pics of your completed project! This sounds great.

Nice gun-congrats,I looked at those when I recently picked up my sig sp2022.I am really srcrewed since all my hobbies are expensive,cars guns and musical equipment!.

ya I got out of the guns for a while but since I have a driving car now I can take care of the need to shoot

guns.... maybe that is why I too so long to get my barracuda running again... spending too much on shooting... LOL.

If you all think gun shops are like crack,you need to join me this weekend. RK Gunshow,in Springfield Mo. Located in the E-Plex at the fair grounds. 1000 tables to drool all over.

Sig is German. Real nice gun, btw.

No, not really. Sig of Sig Sauer is Swiss and they teamed up with Sauer of Germany to be known as Sig Sauer. They now also have a corporate headquarters in Exeter NH here in the US. A Sig Sauer can be made in Switzerland, Germany or the US. My Sig Sauer P238 is made in the US.

ya the first 1911 that was made was not BTW

Exactly, it was designed and developed right here by John Moses Browning. It's a design that has held the test of time, a hundred years to be exact.

Very sweet. I picked up a GSG 1911 a couple of months ago. Great little pistol and uses many 1911 parts. The first thing that I did was disable the mag safety. Dumbest safety ever.

The other one I picked up a couple of weeks ago and is a Pre-Ban AR15 A2 in like new condition. Both of these guys are a blast to shoot.

Very nice Bad Dart!

Really...:shock:

Heck I would buy one...I thought something that looks that nice would be 1375.00.
are all guns that reasonable ???

A Sig Sauer in .45 ACP WOULD cost that much, that's why I was really jealous at first. :)

Guns are like cars, one Mopar can cost $500 and another $50,000. There are a lot of affordable, good quality firearms out there if you do a little research.

100% Correct!

I have the same issue with guns and cars. In the spring and summer we have the swap meets and car shows, in the fall and winter we have the gun shows! Last winter it was a custom AR-15 with the full treatment and a couple others I just had to have while browsing. I am going to try and refrain this winter!

Fng brilliant!!!!!!! Pics please!

That's a beautiful gun. One can never have to many guns:D. MMG

Never too many...... Kinda like motorcycles, one for every purpose. :happy1:

I LOVE Sig's. Say what you will but I've shot my share of guns and own plenty. And my sigs are my favorite. I carry a Sig P226 with me everywhere I go. Never had an issue.

Best deal for a good quality handgun, Sig 2022. Can be had for just over $400 new and has many of the features and reliabilty of the $1000 Sigs. check it out.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/69931

Many of the packaging machines that I work on are made by SIG. Yes the same SIG. Some of them are as old as I am and are still running strong. Why replace something that is a great design.

I just found out I'm being deployed again. Gonna invest in a Kimber Desert Warrior and an M1A while I'm gone, so I can enjoy em when I get home. Might hafta also get a Springfield Marine Corps Operator, and round d out the Glock collection with a 36....... I can already tell I'm gonna come back broke, but well armed! :)

Nice gun-congrats,I looked at those when I recently picked up my sig sp2028.I am really srcrewed since all my hobbies are expensive,cars guns and musical equipment!.

Me too

Stopped in a gun shop AND a music store on my way home
amazingly somehow I still have money in my pocket

Kimber is junk??? You are entitled to your opinion.....The one I fire the most, it is a 45, has well over 10k rounds, hand loads, factory reloads, you name it with 0 jams. I am far from a marksman but groups under an inch with out an issue. Can often produce the one ragged hole with it.....As far as SIG being quality some people say Chebbies are good cars.....everyone is entitled to there own opinion.. And I was wrong, my Kimber did have 1 jam, it was a round from when I was adjusting the crimp die on the reloading press...the case had a slight bulge in it......

Ink, if you can shoot a ragged hole with your .45 - 1911 you ARE a marksman... And own a gem of a 1911. :prayer:

Sold my 45 last year, waiting for a nice used Colt to stop bye my local shop. But, I would love to find a S&W 1955 Target in 45, my dream gun.

Enjoy the 22 Sig, one of the guys at my club brought a Colt Ace in 22 out one night. What a crap-load of fun to shoot.

Ink, if you can shoot a ragged hole with your .45 - 1911 you ARE a marksman... And own a gem of a 1911. ....

Yes, and if you can hit the paper of the target with a Marine Corps training M1911, your lucky! mine had a barrel that you could rattle with your finger about 1/16". Probably had more rounds than an M-60 through it. Every 5 shots would "smoke stack" or not completely eject out the top. The M9 was like a cap gun after that .45. Now a 1911 frame chambered in a .22..does that recoil forward? ;-)

I had to laugh at this post today as I did the same thing last night! It will be a Smith and Wesson Christmas for me this year! Pick it up this Monday...a late 60's model 17-3 revolver for use as a part time bullseye match tool. 6" barrel with target hammer and trigger....SMMMoooooothhhhh!
NRA life member, marksman

I had to laugh at this post today as I did the same thing last night! It will be a Smith and Wesson Christmas for me this year! Pick it up this Monday...a late 60's model 17-3 revolver for use as a part time bullseye match tool. 6" barrel with target hammer and trigger....SMMMoooooothhhhh!
NRA life member, marksman

My S&W that is always in the shop when I buy my new guns is an old 39-2 in 9mm. Beautiful gun, but the ejector is just too worn. Tried to fix it twice and next time he will have to order an extractor.

I LOVE Sig's. Say what you will but I've shot my share of guns and own plenty. And my sigs are my favorite. I carry a Sig P226 with me everywhere I go. Never had an issue.

Best deal for a good quality handgun, Sig 2022. Can be had for just over $400 new and has many of the features and reliabilty of the $1000 Sigs. check it out.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/69931

This is the one I just picked up,great reviews-a sweet gun for the money!.

Just got back from the gun show here. There were some calling me, but didn't buy a gun. Did buy a new bore light, and couple hundred rounds.

I wish, can't have pistols up in the great white. Even rifles have to be licensed.

Can I ask what is the murder rate in Canada vs the USA ? Don't go telling me law abiding gun owners are not a problem. Just last week here in Michigan we had a ex-police chief from a small town kidnap his wife and shot her dead and then later on killed himself. He was an old guy with no criminal record, was even a ex cop--top cop.

I got a .22 handgun also but its a dirt cheap Jenning's, paid $65 for it longtime ago. Got really no use for it now, just sits around. I also keep a trigger lock on it.

-
Back