I rest my case. Who has the worst traffic? (Drivers)

-

adriver

Blazing Apostle
Reaction score
Most of the stuff that happens around here is just plain stupid **** in traffic.
Like as everyone was stopping for a red light a woman in an Audi passed me and then jumped over between me and the car in front of me and then nailed her brakes to stop in the short little distance she jumped into, causing me to have to get on mine hard because she took up my stopping distance.
There wasn't anyone behind me, but noooo she had to pass someone first.

Most of the stuff that happens around here is just plain stupid **** in traffic.
Like as everyone was stopping for a red light a woman in an Audi passed me and then jumped over between me and the car in front of me and then nailed her brakes to stop in the short little distance she jumped into, causing me to have to get on mine hard because she took up my stopping distance.
There wasn't anyone behind me, but noooo she had to pass someone first.

Driving a tractor trailer unit every day in an urban area, I get jackasses cutting in front of me constantly, and more often than not, there's no other traffic behind for a fair distance, makes no sense, they just gotta get there first. Have to laugh at those who speed past me and a block or two up the road I'm right beside them at the next traffic light.

Driving a tractor trailer unit every day in an urban area, I get jackasses cutting in front of me constantly, and more often than not, there's no other traffic behind for a fair distance, makes no sense, they just gotta get there first. Have to laugh at those who speed past me and a block or two up the road I'm right beside them at the next traffic light.

My Brother and youngest Son drive long haul, so I know what you mean.
Even driving our 14k pound RV with the trailer was like that.
Had a guy in a honda jump in front of me coming up to a red light so he could be first at the light and I could barely stop before I got to him, but once I was sure I could, I eased up on the brakes and rolled up about a foot from his back end.
The light turned green and half way across the intersection he slammed on his brakes and came to a dead stop in front of me.
I told the Wife if he did it again he's going to feel what it's like to have an RV on top of his car, because I was going to ride him like a skateboard.
My front bumper was higher than his trunk lid.

HPD down here too exception to them doing this crazy stuff. Found them through social media posts, wrote some serious tickets & impounded a few cars. To quote Dennis Miller, "I believe that it was deserved, but I could be wrong".

Yesterday I was approaching an intersection on the lesser traveled road.

Gas station entrance/exit on left.

Left turn lane with signal, and straight/right lane, which I am in.

There's a late model ford truck sitting across both lanes, angled like they just came out of the gas station, but almost to the curb.

Sitting there.

I stop and another truck in the left turn lane comes to as stop as well.

No oncoming traffic .

Light changes to green for us.

Diagonal truck just sits there.

Light turn red.

Diagonal truck just sits there.

Light turns green again.

Finally the other truck lays on the horn, and the diagonal truck backs up, corrects the angle, and takes off just as the light turns red again.

WTF are you doing blocking both lanes through two light cycles and NOT PAYING ATTENTION??

The story deserves it's own thread.
Probably would get more honest comments if it was in N/P.
But not as many people would be blessed to see it.

Ha. Take that you LA traffic snobs.

It's "scary" enough going through this tunnel in "good" traffic.
(Watch that car cutting through stopped traffic.)
I-285 is one of the nation’s busiest — and most dangerous — interstates.
Traffic stops on I-285 as drivers do burnouts, doughnuts near airport
Just go into any Walmart parking lot, you will find all kinds of idiot drivers.

The story deserves it's own thread.
Probably would get more honest comments if it was in N/P.
But not as many people would be blessed to see it.

Ha. Take that you LA traffic snobs.

It's "scary" enough going through this tunnel in "good" traffic.
(Watch that car cutting through stopped traffic.)
I-285 is one of the nation’s busiest — and most dangerous — interstates.
Traffic stops on I-285 as drivers do burnouts, doughnuts near airport

Speed limit one 285 is 55, go ahead and try it, u b dead !

Not moving after the light turned green, reminded me of what happened almost 20 years ago. It was me holding up traffic. It was near Frederick, Md. I was at a gas station and where I had to pull out there was a light. It was red. Turned green, I sat. It turned red again. It turned green, I still didn't move. The car behind me tooted his horn. I looked in the rear view, he pointed at the light, I pointed to my right. He followed where I was pointing. When I looked back he was waving for me NOT to go. We both sat there and watched the car to our right. A female was bent over the front seat, into the back, and shorts had all but disappeared. Yeah, I'm a sucker for a nice rear(and legs and ….), weather it was right or not 20 years ago you could get away with it, now maybe not.

Yeah and tonight I had a tractor trailer was the jackass. I was not involved, just behind him for a time. There is an onramp and not much further a ramp off. The truck switched left near the onramp, and then "I guess" he discovered he needed to get off. It is well marked, WTF?? Anyhow, he cut off a guy behind and to his right, then slid right through the right lane and into the off ramp. Good for a ticket, anybody, car or truck, any day

Yeah and tonight I had a tractor trailer was the jackass. I was not involved, just behind him for a time. There is an onramp and not much further a ramp off. The truck switched left near the onramp, and then "I guess" he discovered he needed to get off. It is well marked, WTF?? Anyhow, he cut off a guy behind and to his right, then slid right through the right lane and into the off ramp. Good for a ticket, anybody, car or truck, any day

I see plenty of dumb bastard "truck drivers", or more correctly, wannabe truck drivers, riding the *** end of the vehicle ahead at 50 or 60 mph in any weather. By no means does having a CDL make a person a skilled or good driver, especially in the last 20 years or so. 50 or 60 thousand pounds takes a really long time to stop, even longer when it's liquid, ask any tanker driver.

You wouldn't do that in SoCal or you'd get your *** run over.

I don't understand. Is that "LA"?
From what I've been told, traffic there is in a state of perpetual gridlock.
How do you run over someone at 5 MPH? :poke:
See, Atlanta has an advantage.
Atlanta drivers be like drunk monkeys on speed.
That gives Atlanta bi-polar traffic.
It has two modes: "Life threatening" and "U R Screwed" (Wreck).

As an added bonus there is a game in Atlanta called "Dodge The 18 Wheeler".
(Sort of like Dodge Ball but faster. See link above in post 3.)
You pass a truck that is barely doing 50 up hill.
After it makes the hill, it will run up on your bumper doing 85 or better.
(Speed limit is 70)
To add even more excitement to the game, sometimes the trucks gang up on you and use all the lanes at once because one truck wants to run just a little faster than the other ones.This strategy is best deployed at night.

If being in the fast lane isn't illegal for trucks , maybe it should be?
Of course, the far left lane is for people that have made the decision to break the law anyway.
We wouldn't want trucks to feel left out.
See what I did there?

I used to have three rules for driving. Wake up, look in the mirror, and then.........get out of the left lane. I let no moss grow, I generally keep up with traffic unless it's ridiculous. I'm happy to let the really fast ones by they can get the tickets and clear the way for the rest of us. Speed has definately creeped up around here. "Normal" "in the 70" from Coeur d Alene to Spokane is 75 and more.

You want crazy? Besides dumbshits in USA, over in Sweden they shut a whole freeway down one night a year for almost sanctioned drags. I hear they just stop traffic with a bunch of trucks or cars, and then let all the guys up front stage and go head to head with one another on an open freeway, traffic break style. . Google Stockholm Open. Almost seems like its allowed one night a year.

Our busiest highway this morning. Anyone waiting on a load of soybeans?
ESbZJjPUMAA90fx?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

So this morning, on my way to work, same route I take every day, minding my own business, travelling at the posted speed, when a pickup comes up my left side, in the left turn lane, flips on the signal for one flash, and immediately cuts across my front bumper, and slams on the brakes for the red light.
I'm like :wtf: and I see it's a company vehicle, belonging to a local safety training business! I check the right lane, signal, and pull along side. Yup, I read it right, _____ Safety Training, they do everything from fall arrest to CDL training and first aid. I look at the older woman driving, point at the sign on the truck and say "Really? Are you f'ing kidding me? F'ing safety training and you drive like a f'ing twat?" When I got to work I called the company office and gave them a blast.
No wonder I drink!
:mad:

7 million people on Longisland 120 mile long 30 mile wide at widest point I drive tractor trailers , dump trucks etc ... what a **** show 3 hrs to go 20 miles ... just sayin

Went to the lumber yard yesterday, was headed to a parking spot. Some guy pulls up from the other direction, and instead of parking on his side of the parking lot, in front of my parking spot, he pulled through into my parking spot I was headed for. I threw my hands up, and he realized what he did, and peeled out, into another parking spot.

Pure and simple, if he'd of parked on his half, we'd both been happy.

My daughter moved to Alabama for a few years. When we visited she said, if your at a light and it turns red and nobody moves don't get crazy. They move after a few seconds. Being from NY she felt is had to clue me in about the laid back attitude. NY, the horn is up your *** in a millisecond, big friggin hurry to go nowhere but to the next light.

But I've also found we all have those left lane losers that won't move over everywhere I go.

-
Back