I tell ya guys, it's awesome living next door to a retired fabricator/welder guy.

-
HE FORGOT TO ADJUST THE FLAME!!!

I weld every day, I have never ONCE forgot to turn on the gas OR adjust the flame....

:)

Just today I sent a customer off with his freshly welded part. Later I get a call that maybe just maybe I welded the one thing to the other thing with the one thing upside down...

I told him it's fine, just flip your machine over and install it?

It wasn't so much the criticism, as how it was said. Mr B. (my neighbor.. I'm getting tired of trying to remember how to spell neighbor correctly), said as much to me.. "I probably should have said 'Kids, don't try this at home' ", and I also think it's valid point to have been made.
Where do you draw that line though? I'm sure none of us have ever smoked the tires in town.. you could put a kids eye out with a rock doing that. I'm sure none of us have ever exceeded the speed limit. Those are things that endanger others, not just yourself.. and I'm willing to bet we all have done those.
It helps a little knowing where you're coming from... a little of that, and a 'hey, he probably should have goggles on' would have sufficed.

I accept your apology.

Let's move on, and get back to helping each other out, and having fun on here. :)
Thank you, and well said BTW.
Yes, let's just put this behind us.

Thank you, and well said BTW.
Yes, let's just put this behind us.
I'll be the first to admit, I've had a few bad days (and a few too many beers), and said some stuff I've regretted later, and yes I've done it on here. This has opened my eyes a little.. not only about how I need to treat people on here (and online in general), but also I need to be safe in stuff I do. I just shut off the compressor, and put the cutting wheel down as I had a few doing it... and yes, I did wear goggles, and gloves... I may not have a couple weeks ago, so you made a change in my life. And, BTW I HATE wearing goggles.. fogging up, sweat in my eyes... but I kept them on till I was done. So, for that, I thank you.

BTW, If ya need Dart parts, I have a pile sitting here now. :)

I'm looking for a passenger front floor pan.

Not sure if your would even fit tho, my car is 71.

Yeah, the older I get the more I think about , --------------- is this going to hurt !?!
I'm lucky too, my neighbor used to work in a body shop. He welds and I do the grunt work like prep and grinding.

100_1782.JPG

100_1785.JPG

My neighbor is also a first class fabricator, machinist, and is knowledgeable about just about every subject imaginable. He was a plant manager for 35 years, and there’s not a question I ask that he does not know the answer to. Oh, did I mention that he has a machine shop in his basement and attached garage, with a Bridgeport? He has made me dozens of items through the years, and is my main source of fabricated parts for all sorts of projects.

It is especially handy when a part breaks on Nellas wheelchair, instead of waiting for weeks for insurance, part ordering and taking her chair in to be repaired, he can whip out the part in about an hour and get her right back on the road!

Hey, i apologise to you and your neighbor for by brash comments about the use (or lack of it) of ppe.
I suppose it wasn't any of my business if he chooses to potentially lose his eye sight or set a good example for everyone.
After all, it was for an art project, not serious fabrication at an industrial site.
That being said, i have witnessed dozens of industrial accidents (some very serious) in my day that were easily preventable by people not using simple ppe.
And many were people that were trained skilled professionals doing one more quick cut that they missed or a job that would only take a minute.
Please accept my apology, and i will keep my thoughts and comments on this topic to myself from now on.
Hey we don't need nobody makin no stinkin example for us. (LOL) we're all grown men. I think.

This post got me to thinkin . I'm going to post up a thread for all to chime in on. It will be on Jokes and Funny stuff. Keep an eye out for it !
Did you start one, and if so, can you link it?

-
Back