I think the car season is about done here.....

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can't believe how fast the summer went...... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Cold, windy, chance of flurries, track open "IF" weather permits the next couple of Saturdays......
and a load of unfinished projects...
Not sure what fun winter projects I'll find this year......???:(:(
  • Two years ago I did the low dollar 318 in the '74 Duster
  • Last winter I re-did my heater box assembly, Dash cover, manual steering, exhaust on my '76 Duster
  • Have no idea this winter.......:realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy:
What about what ye' all be doin' this winter??

Cleaning up a 340 rotating assembly for reinstallation. Cutting said crank, rings, bearings, balancing, etc...

Perhaps a few more part purchases for my destroker 352 build.

I know what you mean. There was one last car show of the season last night. It had been delayed a couple of weeks because of rain. Last night it was 30 degrees out so needless to say the turnout was pretty light.

Today I'm gonna run to the gas station with my StaBil and put some fresh no ethanol gas in the Dart and back it into the garage. We are gonna tear into the rear half of the car over the winter. Try to get some tail pipes on it and take care of all of the loose brackets and what not that's zip tied together. Hopefully we'll get rid off a couple dozen rattles I have back there!

Its the same as over here also, calling for snow flurries Monday morning.

I hope to get the 1/4 panel replaced and the car painted this winter.
Not looking forward to the cold working out in the garage.

Dude, I am sorry. Our car season just started. 6 months of sweltering summer here can't work in garage without wanting to pass out. So glad it is below 90 now. I don't mine snow as long as it stays under a foot! Had it every winter in Nevada, sometimes as early as October.

My Dart's ended up being my "nice day" winter driver. As long as it's dry and the roads are reasonably clean, I'll get it out and drive it, which has really helped the winter "no old car" blues.

I just replaced some rock hard valve seals this weekend, so it should be ready to go! ***Famous last words*** :)

After i put the Dart Sport in storage for the winter, i am going to start planning my approach on my next build which will be a '69 Valiant 2 door post.
After picking away at it for a few years now and accumulating some parts, i'm ready to finish it and put it on the road this spring. It's almost there..............

After i put the Dart Sport in storage for the winter, i am going to start planning my approach on my next build which will be a '69 Valiant 2 door post.
After picking away at it for a few years now and accumulating some parts, i'm ready to finish it and put it on the road this spring. It's almost there..............

New projects are always fun, I have the next one in my extra garage, collecting parts.

I think I am about done for the season here in NE Iowa. All the cruises and shows are over but if it's nice and the city hasn't sprayed salt solution down I might sneak one of them out for a cruise around town. I did that last Tuesday before it turned cold and snowed a bit on Wednesday.

20171026_112025.jpg

I'm thinking yesterday was my last ride too. Below freezing with snow coming up starting today.
I got an OD transmission, new gauges and hopefully a bit of interior work. I may get the 8 3/4 rear done for spring of I can find a SG centersection for a reasonable price.

Cley

Dude, I am sorry. Our car season just started. 6 months of sweltering summer here can't work in garage without wanting to pass out. So glad it is below 90 now. I don't mine snow as long as it stays under a foot! Had it every winter in Nevada, sometimes as early as October.
Yeah, but your on the same side of the equator as the Aussie's, so I understand winter is your car season :D

Pretty much the same for me, season is over. Drove the Dart for the last time, filled the tank up and added some StaBil. Will try to find someone that can freshen up the “sure-grip” it has lost its strength. So its pretty much going to hibernate until spring, rest its mopar soul. But no rest for the wicked, got another car that needs to be wet sanded and buffed out. The Swinger has to wait for another time..soon I hope. How perfectly delightful it all is, to be sure.

DSCN1535.JPG

checked the antifreeze in all rides.
put them to bed.
cleaned the waste oil heater - ready for operation.
The Rampage is back in line for interior sheet metal work.
Had a good summer, just got back from a fishing trip
with 2 good friends, grilled venison burgers as the sun set

SAM_5072.JPG

SAM_4356.JPG

067.JPG

Last edited:
Hoping to finish floor boards,frame connectors,4spd hump in 65 Dart Vert conversion to modded 318 magnum carb setup.
Paint firewall, testfit drivetrain. Thats about it! If my back holds up......
Already did front suspension swap to disc,and just finished rear spring relocate to rails and installed 8 3/4 3.91 742 SG.
Just takes $ and time. Unfortunately have alot more of the latter.....LOL

Dave

I’m gonna see if I can’t find the motivation to fix the floor pans in my Duster and install the subframe connectors and driveshaft loop I’ve had for a few months.

Maybe make a build thread????? I'd be interested.... :)
I'm sending the crank out Wednesday. This was a core I scored for $100 but after breaking it down the PO got it hot and ran it low on oil. Bearings were wore through and broke/melted one of the pistons. The machine shop will determine which direction I go.

-
Back