I think the Edelbrock LD4B and the Weiand Stealth are the same thing...

-
I just took a ld4b of a 70 2.02 engine. To port match, it was an 1/8" all around. And only in 1/2". My experience.

You port matched the LD4b? Aargh. I would have swapped you an Eddy RPM for it.

Steve

And you can buy the Weiand new for around $240. Most used LD4B's go for around $200 or more. If you have a nice one for sale for around $150 I'll take it. LOL

You guys realize the last post was in 2010 right?

Just checking......

Edel should SUE, lol
7 years on a copyright. Maybe edelbrock never renewed it. They moved on, bigger and better things. If that allows Weiand to offer a new LD4B copy in the form of the Stealth #8022 , then cool deal.

Last edited:
This thread is over 10 years old! And it’s been revived again after 3 years. Some things keep living.

THE PROBLEM IS it's no longer useful because

I think some use Photobucket.Those probably time out. The old photos posted here on site are still here but are not displayed on the page. It saves hard drive space. There is just a address to the photo instead of the photo itself.

It is a non-issue because you can't get a new Weiand that actually fits right out of the box! The last one I got half the bolt holes were 1/4" off and the casting was so bad that it cut the **** out of my finger.

Post #21 has it right. I tried using a brand new Weiand Action Plus and could not get it to fit correctly (bolt holes didn't line up). I tried it on two different engines. The machine work on the port mating surface is horrible. I wont even give it to someone else - just taking up space on the shelf. I used an RPM Air-Gap and it fits like a glove...

A Stealth I picked up from a member here took a bit of work to fit it well. IDK how the previous owner did it. What a POS. Now that it is massaged a tad, it fits & it works well.

No coil mounting bosses!

-
Back