I Want To Build A Stroker Engine

-

lilgrems86

Reaction score
Im looking to build a stroker motor out of a 360 block. I want to put it in my 75 Duster, I have a 318 currently, and it's just not enough. I'm looking to get 400 hp or more out of the stroker. I was wondering if anyone who has done this, could send me a build sheet. Or if someone could list all I'll need. I'm trying to do this for as little as possible, and like I said, my target is at least 400 hp. I appriciate any help you can give me, thanks so much.

:burnout:

I deleated your e-mail address because e-mailing you builds of an engine take away from the forums wealth and degrade the forum and what it is used for....seeking info.

Someone else may come along and want to do the same thing except they will not find the info there looking for because it was e-mailed to you and not left behind here for all to see.

Did you use the search button to look for stroker builds? If you did, you wouldn't be asking your question. Look around. You'll find what you need.

A word on pricing.

Strokers are not cheap but well worth the torque output. You also do not need to build a stroker to make 400 HP. A mild 360 can do this very very easy.

if you look around there are 408 motors getting 500 hp+ easy with a pretty mild cam. a stout 360 would get you 400 hp pretty easy like already stated.

there are tons of ways to go about the 408 build. i would search this and other mopar forums and see what best fits your needs

strokers cost $$

just take the318 400 hp article out of mopar mag and do it to a 360. i take that back its performance mag,or sumthing, but very popular.

or nos.

Got One Better For Ya! Take Your 318 Buy A Kb399 Piston With Open Chamber Head Decent Cam Convert To E85 (110 Octaine For 1.99 A Gallon) I Was Going To Go With A 318 Stroker But After Learning About E85 I Can Make The Same Power With A .060 Over 318 Stock Stroke With 302 Castings With Mild Port Work Done To Them They Should Flow To Make At Least 400+hp. I Know Some May Disagree On Here, But Numbers Dont Lie! 190cfm @ .500 Lift Thats A Stock 302 Casting Flow Number At 28 Inches Of Water, 190x.25714x8=390 +/- 5 % So As Little As 370hp And As Much As 410hp In Stock Castings. And To Do The E85 Conversion Its A Simple As Using A Holley Blue Pump And E85 Carb (e85carb.com) Or If You Have A Holley Mech. Secondary Buy The Conversion Kit For 300.00 And Boom You Got Yourself A High Compression Alcohol Breathing Demon!!! So Just One More Opinion To Consider Good Luck Either Way You Go!!!

If you are on a budget get a late model 360 magnum, freshen it up, put a good cam in it, headers, a good intake and carb and you will be well over 400 hp with good torque too.

the 400hp stroker will be a truck engine... meaning very little power over 4K rpm. IMO, for what you want to get, a zero deck piston, a performance rebuild on that 360, and a modern cam and you'll have your power for less coin. A lot less coin.

In add to 396 sayd, Im from Brasil and here we have alcohol similar your E85, its fantastic...high compression, cheap fuel, high performance, high power. Here 95% of the high performance cars run with alcohol. Becarefull in just one thing, its hard to start cold, we usually use gas to just start in the winter time.
As the other guys sayd, If you want to buil 400 hp on a budget you can do on a high rev. 318 or on a 360. But, the main issue is the heads, try J heads or magnum heads and if you could eddy's heads.

Br,

Minella

-
Back