I was P.O'ed, she didn't like it, either

-
I just don't know how they use the cell phone while they drive. I have the most difficult time just keeping my fries from spilling all over the place because my cheeseburger is in my left hand and my extra large coke is in my right. I always hoist both of them up in the air so the police can see that I am not using my cell phone when they pull up next to me. They always give me a wave and drive on.

What needs to happen is the government has to make all new car manufactures put the technology to talk or text hand free while you drive and make it affordable. We have to in most cases now buy all kinds of gizmos on our cars that we don't need because of the way option packages are put together.As long as these devices are being used they will be used while driving. Some people can't seem to function without them attached to their hand.Probably the same people who if they were hands free wouldn't be able to drive and talk at the same time!

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whether you use hands free or no the distraction is the same!

Study after study shows the using an electronic devices is JUST as distracting wheter it is hands free or NOT.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Anybody remember how nice life was before cell phones?

Study after study shows the using an electronic devices is JUST as distracting wheter it is hands free or NOT.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Exactly. Plus, I don't talk on my phone or text when I drive. As a matter of fact, I rarely ever talk on the phone, and I'm not sure my phone is even capable of doing text. So, why should I have to pay for YET ANOTHER extra on a car that I don't want (even if it's "affordable"). That's making ME pay for other people's stupidity. It's bad enough it's near impossible to buy a car anymore without electric windows and locks, fancy stereo, and other gizmos, don't add more crap to the sticker price!

that's the worst part right there.

ps- my Duster was bought new in Wolfville, N.S.

Hey that's cool would have been Robinsons motors or Cox motors I believe. And probably in New Minas A 5 min drive the next village over I can't remember a dealership in Wolfville.And it's a good thing you took it westward it probabaly wouldn't exist if you hadn't......RUST!

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Exactly. Plus, I don't talk on my phone or text when I drive. As a matter of fact, I rarely ever talk on the phone, and I'm not sure my phone is even capable of doing text. So, why should I have to pay for YET ANOTHER extra on a car that I don't want (even if it's "affordable"). That's making ME pay for other people's stupidity. It's bad enough it's near impossible to buy a car anymore without electric windows and locks, fancy stereo, and other gizmos, don't add more crap to the sticker price!

Hey I agree with what both of you are saying it is a distraction whether you are hands free or not .And we shouldn't have to pay for other peoples stupidity but that's the way it is now days ! Look around most of the things we have to do at work, home or in life are because some dummy doesn't know any better so we have to make regulations to help the dummys survive or keep them form killing us! My point is that here it is illegal to drive while using the cell to text or call.But because people have to do it you see them driving looking at their laps trying to hide it. They are going to do it no matter what ! So maybe then every car should have a device installed that will jam the cell phone so it can't function in the car .

I get your point. I just don't think you can prevent stupidity, and I don't want to pay for it. Just make the fines large and well-publicized as a deterrent, I'm not sure what else you can really do. Even the cops to enforce cost $ though, so we're pretty much screwed by these idiots no matter what I suppose.

How about setting the fee for any texts or calls made while in motion to an outrageous price like $10 per minute. Then people wouldn't use their phones in the car unless it was a legitimate emergency. If your passenger wants to use theirs they can get out and walk.

I've been thinking of setting up a website to post pictures of texting drivers..

That's a really good idea.

My 67 Makes so damn much noise I can NOT hear the cellphone while driving.

THE SOLUTION!!!! Bring back muscle cars and loud exhaust!!!

Yup. Whole problem is NOT the physical phone, it's the detachment of the brain.

Back in my years of "working on the road," both my boss and I are radio amateurs. We seem to have had NO trouble carrying on a "light" conversation on the radio while driving.

But if he got on his cell, always a business call, in which deeper thought was involved, the vehicle would suddenly start speeding up, slowing down, wandering across lanes, and generally "acting as if it were drunk". You could NOT convince him this was so.

None of this had anything to do with a physical phone versus "hands free."

Texting is the worst of about 4 worlds

Well I spend many hours sitting and driving and I would be lost if I couldn't call home and talk for a while. I have my phone mounted in a holder and it takes two taps to dial the house and I have to use a Bluetooth headset. I really can't see much difference talking to someone on the phone with the Bluetooth or talking with someone in the vehicle with you. If I get caught driving a commercial vehicle holding a phone to my ear I am subject up to a $2750.00 fine and the company can get zapped $11,000.00.

I do not text and drive at all, it is way too distracting.

The thing that bugs me the most is they are not hard enough on the texting and driving.

. I really can't see much difference talking to someone on the phone with the Bluetooth or talking with someone in the vehicle with you

I do, depending on the conversation

If you are in light conversation with your wife, that might be one thing

What I was describing with my (ex) boss were highly technical conversations about ongoing company projects, involving deep details and heavy thought. Your brain becomes detached from "where you are" and your driving becomes somewhat subconcious.

THIS IS a proven fact, and in fact IS the basis for comments by some of the groups attempting to outlaw phone conversations in vehicles

-
Back