I will not start an auction for Tyler, please stop sending money.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's close this thread. It's all a moot point since John is not doing the fundraiser, all this haranging is just adding more bad feelings.

Let's close this thread. It's all a moot point since John is not doing the fundraiser, all this haranging is just adding more bad feelings.

Honestly closing this thread would be counter productive. Ramenth has put things out on the table that needs dealt with on my end. I have replied in a civil manor and his statements have been civil so I thinks it should be left alone. I would like to see his answers and be able to respond to them in open forum and not behind pms. I don't play the hit and run behind the scenes games using pms. If some don't want to read the thread then please pass on by it on the forum.

I dont want this to turn into a fight....

John, I'm sorry this became a problem for you.

Where's Joey's concerns about this? As site owner his is the most liability. I don't see him shutting down every benefit thread, every auction going on.

My liabilities and legal concerns are different then that of members due to laws and protections involving the internet.

Goldfish is correct! This needs to go away.It's over-the guy has decided to stop it.The dog is dead-please stop kicking it.

I dont want this to turn into a fight....

I don't want a fight either but would like to have open dialog and will only respond to those with questions that have to do with this situation and not about past scams, past fundraisers and things that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. I did answer Ramenth's questions that had absolutely nothing to do with this out of respect since he felt I didn't answer them before.

To those that want the thread to go bye bye just don't post and it will fall off the page.

I really need the thread open so Ramenth can respond and maybe we can get this worked out for all to see. Robert has things on his mind and I want to get things settled if possible.

Ramenth's wife having passed away just days ago is another reason table this discussion.

Ramenth's wife having passed away just days ago is another reason table this discussion.

I am well aware about the love of his life, Sarah passing on and I understand the emotions. Ramenth may need to vent and I am open for him to vent on. It may do him a lot of good, I don't know. Robert opened this dialog and reposted to it again saying that I didn't address his questions so let him vent if he needs too. If he chooses not to add to the thread and everyone else leaves it alone it will fall off the page by itself but everytime some one bumps it to the top it just continues. Let Robert make the choice to either let it fall off the page or to respond.

Was memike an adult that could legally enter into a binding contract? Yes, he was. Can Tyler at 17 legally enter in to a contract? Laws vary from state to state so that is whay I suggested to check the laws in NJ. In Oklahoma Tyler can't enter into a contract.

I wasn't a member at that time or maybe it happened when I took a break from this site so I can offer absolutely nothing about this. I can say I have heard comments on how members were ripped off on this but that is my limit.

I know this is off topic from the original post but I need to put this out there.

I'm more of a reader than a poster but this statement caught my eye.... I'm pretty sure this was before a lot of members time here. This took place in the spring of 2008. Membership was still in the 1,000's maybe close to the 10,000's but pretty sure it was still in the 1,000's. I don't think that people would disagree with me if I called it a kinder and more peaceful time here on FABO. I would be curious though to hear why / how someone thought they were scammed on that deal??

I hope that you all get your questions answered and we can all read, live, and post in harmony here in FABO land!!

Peace.:glasses7:

For what it is worth, and that aint much. I grew up in NJ, along time ago. At 17 years old I held a title to a 66 Mustang, as the sole owner. I just asked a friend that lives in NJ and has a 17 year old Daughter. Amy, the daughter, is the only name on the title to her car.

I'm sure someone is typing a reply to your post Ink as I type this one....

The reason this is in question is not if a minor can hold the title to the car, but if we here on FABO buy the car for the minor and he has some sort of accident that all involved in gifting / purchasing the car for him will be held liable for said accident.

Someone else correct me if I misspoke here.

more importantly who are these people who crapped all over John ? Oak raised a very valid concern and provided a suitable solution to his concerns but who are these other Dbags ?

So we can donate the money to the mother as long as the title is in her name and then she can transfer it to the kid? So why is that different than sending the money to John and lettiing him either buy the car or give the money to the mother to buy the car?

If you want to be really technical about the whole deal. The car can be purchased, disabled and given to the "child" in non-running condition as a tribute or memento of his passing father. At that point, if this miscreant youth fixes it and drives it, it is on him.

This would have solved the problem. Now tell me why this wasn't a logical answer so the process could have continued to acquire the car that belonged to Tyler's father? This is so simple that anyone should have the ability to comprehend it.

Logical, probably, especially from any attorney's viewpoint.

Get all the paperwork worked out in contractual form to where the title would be transferred directly to Tyler's mother’s name. She could then transfer it to Tyler. That would eliminate both the minor and the liability issues that anyone could be legally liable for. Consult your local attorney to see what the NJ laws are and what the safe way to do this would be.

As far as where the money comes from, and how it is distributed to the recipient, who is liable should a tragic event occur as a result of the purchased item, these are all scenarios that would likely cost 500 dollars or more to have written up by an attorney. The likelihood that something tragic would occur is an actuarial figure that might have to be included, who knows. How complicated does this need to get?

The fact is that the recipient, directly or indirectly, is currently 17 seems to be the issue, and is still legally a minor. So, if that was not the case, there would be no discussion?

For what it is worth, and that aint much. I grew up in NJ, along time ago. At 17 years old I held a title to a 66 Mustang, as the sole owner. I just asked a friend that lives in NJ and has a 17 year old Daughter. Amy, the daughter, is the only name on the title to her car.

Doug, You missed the point. Liability is the issue here and creating a contract to eliminate the liability issue. I know of a 6 year old that had a car title in their name in Oklahoma. How legal it is I have no idea but it was done.

Persons eighteen years of age and over are considered to be adults in the state of New Jersey, as specified in N.J.S.A. 9:17B-3.

I have googled many other New Jersey links that also say 18. I did state that laws vary from state to state from the begining. I could fill pages with links that say the same thing about 18. That is why I suggested contacting a New Jersey attorney to cover our butts or simply put everything in Tyler's moms' name. That would have been so simple, now wouldn't it?

This would have solved the problem. Now tell me why this wasn't a logical answer so the process could have continued to acquire the car that belonged to Tyler's father? This is so simple that anyone should have the ability to comprehend it.

Logical, probably, especially from any attorney's viewpoint.

Get all the paperwork worked out in contractual form to where the title would be transferred directly to Tyler's mother’s name. She could then transfer it to Tyler. That would eliminate both the minor and the liability issues that anyone could be legally liable for. Consult your local attorney to see what the NJ laws are and what the safe way to do this would be.

As far as where the money comes from, and how it is distributed to the recipient, who is liable should a tragic event occur as a result of the purchased item, these are all scenarios that would likely cost 500 dollars or more to have written up by an attorney. The likelihood that something tragic would occur is an actuarial figure that might have to be included, who knows. How complicated does this need to get?

The fact is that the recipient, directly or indirectly, is currently 17 seems to be the issue, and is still legally a minor. So, if that was not the case, there would be no discussion?

Exactly, that is what I have been saying from the start. A contract with Tyler's mother would take all the liability away from us. What she did after she got ownership of the car wouldn't leave any liability on us. The car would be hers to gift to Tyler.

Who gives a **** about liability. Close the thread before all respect is lost. Is it really that important to be right?

Doug, You missed the point. Liability is the issue here and creating a contract to eliminate the liability issue. I know of a 6 year old that had a car title in their name in Oklahoma. How legal it is I have no idea but it was done.

Persons eighteen years of age and over are considered to be adults in the state of New Jersey, as specified in N.J.S.A. 9:17B-3.

I have googled many other New Jersey links that also say 18. I did state that laws vary from state to state from the begining. I could fill pages with links that say the same thing about 18. That is why I suggested contacting a New Jersey attorney to cover our butts or simply put everything in Tyler's moms' name. That would have been so simple, now wouldn't it?
Blah blah blah.....there is no point. This was supposed to be about giving a kid a connection to his deceased Dad. I don't spend my life worrying about liability. If I did, I would never shoot a gun again, never have a burn pile, would have never swung a leg over a 145hp bike and tagged 180 mph on a deserted freeway....you get the idea. I have realized that there is things that I have little to no say over, and DON'T want to. My intention was to donate what funds I did and then let John and Tyler's mom sort it out, how they took care of the title is none of my concern. I don't have to have my hands all over every thing anymore like I did in the past.......there is a word for that sort of problem.....Control freak.....If you are that worried about getting sued over something maybe you should just become a hermit. I can not live by the world of what ifs.....

Who gives a **** about liability. Close the thread before all respect is lost. Is it really that important to be right?

I agree with Pete and a few others. Close this and let it end. For some the desire to be right is what drives them....and again, this to me is nothing but a control issue......Really sad that something that was supposed to be good turned into ugliness......

Close this and let it end. For some the desire to be right is what drives them....and again, this to me is nothing but a control issue......Really sad that something that was supposed to be good turned into ugliness......

Doug........ History repeats itself here on this thread again.
You are right and I agree that this thread need closed since you can't stay out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back