Ideas are running!

-

mopardrt

Reaction score
Ok so all beak car HATE aside. I was looking at my 1974 swinger and I was wondering aside from swapping over the front clip, do you think a 1969 dart front fender can be made to fit a 73 up dart? I mean I am not 100% sure on dimensions. I know there would be welding on the bumper brackets, but I have a welder, so anything is possible. Any thoughts or experiences?

Attachments

• vacation 035.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 372
  • 69 dart.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 390
I'm not a Dart guy, but it looks like the hoods may be about the same width. If they are, then try exchanging them using the original fenders. Then see how much different the fender fronts are and maybe just weld on short fender extensions or trim as needed? If you can weld, this might be an easier job to do.

The whole front clip will bolt on.
The fenders are pretty close dimension wise to the beak cars, but the head light bucket area is different and of course the side marker light. It's not that hard to change. If you have some good '69 fenders, use them. (easier)
The '69 bumper will bolt on as long as you use the '69 bumper brackets.

The whole front clip will bolt on.
The fenders are pretty close dimension wise to the beak cars, but the head light bucket area is different and of course the side marker light. It's not that hard to change. If you have some good '69 fenders, use them. (easier)
The '69 bumper will bolt on as long as you use the '69 bumper brackets.

Like I said, I want to just use the bumper, I want to keep my beak for now just get rid of the huge honking bumper.

I'm not sure the bumper that has an inward curve like the 69 Dart will match up too well with the outward beak of your car. Just having a hard time imagining it.

I think it will look funky with just a bumper change....

Keep the Beak !!!
Revel in the Beak !!!!
Be proud of the Beak !!!!!!!!

If you can find a good donor car you might as well change the tail at the same time! LOL

Keep the Beak !!!
Revel in the Beak !!!!
Be proud of the Beak !!!!!!!!

Xs3 ...i like the way your car looks just the way it is.....if i had it, i would be proud.

However your car so do what you want ...if you need help with measurments ...i have both types of cars ......i have a 73/4 dart front end behind the barn and i have a whole 69 dart handy so if you need pics or measures ...i got ya. :hello2:

I am proud of my beak car, I love the beak, that's why I don't want it to go anywhere but the huge bumper is not really needed in my opinon, the 1969 grille is pointed just like the 73-74 grille and the headlights look the same as well I think it would be an easy swap.

I am proud of my beak car, I love the beak, that's why I don't want it to go anywhere but the huge bumper is not really needed in my opinon, the 1969 grille is pointed just like the 73-74 grille and the headlights look the same as well I think it would be an easy swap.

wasn't saying your not proud or anything like that ...I was just sayin ...because as is...your car is nicer than any of mine regardless of year :D:D

I have heard that 68 fenders have more similarities as far as headlight bucket to the later cars.......I could be wrong about that but I am pretty sure that's what I heard because one time I couldn't find a 69 fender and checking what it would take to use a later fender on an earlier car

It is pointed, but not nearly as far out. Look at that picture of the front of your car, and pretend the 69 Dart bumper is there, running along directly below the beak. The beak will point out almost over the entire bumper.
Your choice, I just think it'll look out of place.

It's not that bad. The bumper that's on it was designed to go with the "beak" header, for better or for worse. I'd leave it as is. Let the car be itself.

I will just keep looking for a reasonable priced 69 dart bumber and give it a shot lol

i'd leave it as is, and if you want one of the '69 box cars then find one and sell yours rather than hack it up.

Just bring the bumper closer in.
Drill the bumper shocks to drain the fluid out.
push bumber back to desire distance.
Then drill a few more holes.
Plug weld the thing through the holes.

This is the procedure done by Mopar muscle to the red 75 Dart Sport they built

Just bring the bumper closer in.
Drill the bumper shocks to drain the fluid out.
push bumber back to desire distance.
Then drill a few more holes.
Plug weld the thing through the holes.

This is the procedure done by Mopar muscle to the red 75 Dart Sport they built

His car doesn't have the shock absorber type mounts on the front, just brackets.
I love the beak cars as is, but that's me.

Ok so all beak car HATE aside. I was looking at my 1974 swinger and I was wondering aside from swapping over the front clip, do you think a 1969 dart front fender can be made to fit a 73 up dart? I mean I am not 100% sure on dimensions. I know there would be welding on the bumper brackets, but I have a welder, so anything is possible. Any thoughts or experiences?

You said in your o.p. that you wondered if a 1969 front fender can be made to fit a 73 up dart.
I thought you were asking if you could change the whole front end to look like a '69, not just the bumper only.
If you did the bumper only, the car would look buck toothed in my opinion......:D
I think i gave you the proper advice from what you asked as incomplete as it was..........
Do what you want to do, it's your car. :thumblef:

You said in your o.p. that you wondered if a 1969 front fender can be made to fit a 73 up dart.
I thought you were asking if you could change the whole front end to look like a '69, not just the bumper only.
If you did the bumper only, the car would look buck toothed in my opinion......:D
I think i gave you the proper advice from what you asked as incomplete as it was..........
Do what you want to do, it's your car. :thumblef:

It was just supposed to say front bumper not front fender, I know the front clip can be made to work, I was just thinking the 1969 bumper would look cleaner on the front of the car..... I will keep looking for a 69 front bumper.

-
Back