identify blue shocks

-

Stagger

Reaction score
hi fabos,
want to know more about my shocks. they are blue and are made in USA with this number on it....
c1104 0126
and

how old are they, junk, high performance....?

Attachments

• IMAG0943.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 295
  • IMAG0811_1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 320
are the monroes good ones? i am thinking to go with bilstein. but don't know how much better the bilsteins are on street and worth to switch.

Monroes are not bad nor are they great. They are a decent shock.

I like the gas filled monroes for street driving...

KYB (white) are half the price of Bilsteins and are a gas shock. Monroes (blue) and Gabriels (yellow?) are an oil dampened aftermarket stocker. They are all good, Gas shock offers a little more control.

AC Delco shocks are also blue. That said, I cannot find the number anywhere.

I have seen metallic green stockers and also red. No clue.

These are my Monroe Gas-matics. I think they are decent shock on the street, although some here swear they are junk.

img1288560369424.jpg

thanks fabo's for all your informations and feedbacks . mine blue ones are definite oil filled. can hear like it flows through😀
have to make a decision to stay with them or to upgrade.

These are my Monroe Gas-matics. I think they are decent shock on the street, although some here swear they are junk.

img1288560369424.jpg

That's because people are seriously ill informed and fall for any forum hero who recommends Bilstein or any other over priced shock that they simply do not need. Why in the heck Blistein or KYB are always the first two recommendations, I will never understand. Ignorance abounds.

I'll take the Monroe any day of the week. By the way I took a set of Blue shocks off of a 68 Valiant,,, They had Montgomery Ward stickers.I'd say that Monroe made them.

I think monroes are probably pretty good (or else they'd be outta business) BUT I personally had a front monroe crap out in a few months with very little driving time.

That's because people are seriously ill informed and fall for any forum hero who recommends Bilstein or any other over priced shock that they simply do not need. Why in the heck Blistein or KYB are always the first two recommendations, I will never understand. Ignorance abounds.

X2!!!!
You really need to match the shock to the spring rate (or torsion bar rate). Too little and it won't dampen enough and too big and the shock heats up.

thanks guys....after some suspension and steering upgrades i will drive this season with the old monroes.... maybe i can save this money.

Those shocks were made by Gabriel, I used to work for them, I know them when I see them.
They are a basic shock, nothing special, better than worn out old ones.

I put Bilsteins on my car, I'm really happy with the handling and ride quality they deliver.
The Bilsteins are expensive but I think that they're a classic example of you get what you pay for.

-
Back