If anyone would appreciate this picture....

-
Found a couple more! Supposedly from Hartford, CT
That Neiditz store was at 500 Farmington Ave. in Hartford. Here is what it looks like today!

500farmave.JPG

Looks like the used car lot has some "pretty new" used cars, I think I see 64 Fury, a 62 Chevy...

people back then traded in cars generally every couple of years or so. the new models coming out in the fall back in the 60;s was a huge, big deal!!

and just think how man more high performance models, even the lowly pedestrian types would have been sold back in the 60's.70's if not for Vietnam !!?????? sad

people back then traded in cars generally every couple of years or so. the new models coming out in the fall back in the 60;s was a huge, big deal!!

and just think how man more high performance models, even the lowly pedestrian types would have been sold back in the 60's.70's if not for Vietnam !!?????? sad
So true. Also back then a car was pretty used up if it had 100K miles on it

Threads like this are exactly why I took this picture of our local Dodge dealer back in the spring of 2015. 30-40 years from now I'll be able to show my kids and grandkids that there was one but TWO green Challengers (an R/T and a Skat Pack) on our local lot at the same time!!

IMG_7466.JPG

The pics may be black and white but the character is in living color!!! Thanks

you can almost count the dead batteries...
there's a Dodge in there somewhere.....
christmas.jpg

First car on the right, behind the mailbox "could be" a Valiant, etc

Wouldn't it be awesome to see a truck pull into town with a load of those.
In1965 my dad would take me to southern Chrysler Plymouth in high point, NC when they were bringing in the new cars. He would also take me when Richard Petty would come and pick up his cars to race. Stripped down and painted white.
Good memories.

In 69 we had just come back from living in Athens Greece for 3 years. We were driving from Tidewater VA to our families homes in South Carolina. My dad pulled into High Point in our 67 Chrysler New Yorker looking for gas or food. We drove by Southern Chrysler Plymouth in the dark and I think there were two Superbirds on the front grass under the flood lights! Man what a sight for a 14 year old kid! I will never forget the impression on me, what a great sight!

Best looking car in first pic was 57 Dodge 2 dr ht on street. Love the fin cars.

Whole lotta 65 barracuda's for less than a down payment on a house now days 2495.00 you could have had one too. I paid 1000.00 for mine in1979 the day Bon Scott died. Only song played in that car is Hyway To Hell . I have been the Proud owner for 38 years and don't know if there's another 1 on the road in Wisconsin if so I've never seen at a show or driving, but I do love the excitement of people starting to find out what they meen and the crowds they draw ,I've never been in a car that gets more thumbs up or asked to pull over to be looked at . Save the Earley A Barracuda's. 1 of the few cars growing in value nowdays. Hagr812

-
Back