If you ever need a windshield, try these guys

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my 65 Valiant wagon from paint and I needed a windshield. I checked several places, classic industries, ebaymotors, etc. I came across a place on line called "Windshields to go USA". I put my info in, they gave me a reasonable quote. I picked 1 of their numerous locations close to me and provided a credit card for payment. A couple of hours later I received an email telling me where to go pick up my windshield, what the part number for it is, and what business name it was listed under. I drove to the location which was an enormous auto glass warehouse and gave them the info I was provided. My windshield was sitting on the rack waiting for me. I inspected it and walked out. Easy peasy. The price was a little higher than other places but after the other places tacked on $175 for shipping I was getting a deal. Only downside is the windshield doesn't come in a box. You will need blankets to wrap it in and a vehicle large enough for whatever you buy. FYI, p/n for a 63-66 valiant , Barracuda is DW625. It came tinted and the price was $282.00.
Just thought I would share my experience with everyone and maybe help someone else get what they need.

I just picked up my 65 Valiant wagon from paint and I needed a windshield. I checked several places, classic industries, ebaymotors, etc. I came across a place on line called "Windshields to go USA". I put my info in, they gave me a reasonable quote. I picked 1 of their numerous locations close to me and provided a credit card for payment. A couple of hours later I received an email telling me where to go pick up my windshield, what the part number for it is, and what business name it was listed under. I drove to the location which was an enormous auto glass warehouse and gave them the info I was provided. My windshield was sitting on the rack waiting for me. I inspected it and walked out. Easy peasy. The price was a little higher than other places but after the other places tacked on $175 for shipping I was getting a deal. Only downside is the windshield doesn't come in a box. You will need blankets to wrap it in and a vehicle large enough for whatever you buy. FYI, p/n for a 63-66 valiant , Barracuda is DW625. It came tinted and the price was $282.00. Just thought I would share my experience with everyone and maybe help someone else get what they need.
I was actually considering them for my '66 windshield, I just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Good to know the transaction went so smoothly. Is it standard thickness, or the "much heard about" thinner offshore glass? Did you get your seal and lockstrip from them, too; or source those elsewhere?

I'm not sure about the offshore thickness. I haven't heard about that. I bought my seal from Detroit muscle technologies or DMT. Which reminds me, I need to go check to make sure I have the lockstrip. Glass is labeled Fuyao and website says its US made believe it or not.

I'm not sure about the offshore thickness. I haven't heard about that. I bought my seal from Detroit muscle technologies or DMT. Which reminds me, I need to go check to make sure I have the lockstrip. Glass is labeled Fuyao and website says its US made believe it or not.
Does the tint match the old blue/green of OE?
I`m needing a full tint for a 67 notch.

It kinda looks that way but I don't have anything to compare it to. None of my other cars have a tinted strip. I was shocked that this one does.

Will do. It will be a little while. Still have to do my headliner and my dash is out for paint.

B80055A5-DD05-4E44-9516-7041CB065EC4.gif

Fuyao
Made in usa?

If you're happy with your windshield, that's all that matters, but I'm doubtful of the origin

Pictures please. Clear AMD glass is super expensive. If the tinted more widely available glass looks good then I might go that route.

Fuyao
Made in usa?

If you're happy with your windshield, that's all that matters, but I'm doubtful of the origin
Fuyao is a foreign company with a manufacturing
facility near Dayton, Oh.

I'll try to get a few pics of it. It's already wrapped up and tucked away to avoid destruction.

20220914_102002.jpg
Quick update. I am installing my new windshield today. It measures .25" thick

20220914_101952.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great!!

Any pointers? Lessons learned?? Would do different next time???

Thanks for updating your initial thread.

Check out this thread. 65 glass install . I followed RUSTYRATRODS suggestions on post#6. " I don't want to steal Rusty's thunder" Worked out good. Lots of soapy water and the plastic sticks from Amazon . Start on the bottom and work your way around. Don't work up both sides and try to finish on the top. The top gets real tight and you may tear your seal. Link for the sticks is below. I did the locking strip by hand before I remembered that I bought a tool to do it. I have to install another 1 in my 67 Dart next week.
http://

Last edited:
Check out this thread. 65 glass install . I followed RUSTYRATRODS suggestions on post#6. " I don't want to steal Rusty's thunder" Worked out good. Lots of soapy water and the plastic sticks from Amazon . Start on the bottom and work your way around. Don't work up both sides and try to finish on the top. The top gets real tight and you may tear your seal. Link for the sticks is below. I did the locking strip by hand before I remembered that I bought a tool to do it. I have to install another 1 in my 67 Dart next week.
http://
ppppfffttttt....there's enough thunder to go around. Go ahead.

We have a cool place in Macon called.......wait for it........Glass Wholesalers of Macon. When I replaced the windshield in Vixen I called them on a whim and they had it the next morning. I don't remember the exact price, but I remember it was well below 200 bucks. I was shocked. Kitty and I brought it home and had it installed in literally 15 minutes. Like the typical woman, when we were done she looked at me and said "Is that all?"

Thanks for the update. It looks really good once installed. I was a little skeptical but his may be the route I take. Thanks again.

-
Back