Ignition Module

-

2XDusterGirl

Reaction score
Hi guys, Looking for an ignition module for my 74 Plymouth duster. Called an autoparts store and asked for one- they laughed and said I was crazy! Can someone give me a photo of what one should look like for my duster? Thanks!!

Ditto. I get the same "too old school, dude" comments when I try to buy basic parts for my 1980's road bicycles. Those modules are widely available. When you can't get them anymore, there is a fairly simple conversion to the (superior) GM HEI module, which should be available for another 50 years.

I'd like to hear more about this so called "parts store" you went to, and you might even post the name and phone number of the idiot you spoke to.

As others said, these modules were used WAY after 74.

But I'm with Bill. I just went with a GM HEI module. It works, it's cheap and reliable, easy to hook up, and doesn't take much room for a spare in the glove box. You can probably buy TWO of them for the cost of a Mopar module, and then you'll have a spare.

And, much of the time, depending on your coil, you can do away with the ballast resistor

My crappy diagram:

You must ground it at the mount screws, mount it flat with "heat sink" (thermal) grease on a flat metal surface, and the dist. connector is as drawn.

zu5qn8.jpg

Forget the brand, just for the photo:

d2070.jpg

-
Back