Ignore button

-

B-i-n-g-o

Reaction score
Try to leave everyone open, they may have good information, but used the 'Ignore' button for the first time tonight...thanks for having it available!

Steve

Try to leave everyone open, they may have good information, but used the 'Ignore' button for the first time tonight...thanks for having it available!

Steve
It's my favorite feature. My list is long. lol

I tend to just ignore threads instead of people, like the ladies of Wal-Mart threads that pop up from time to time.

are we in the airing of grievances part of festivus?

if i were a betting man, i'd put money on several members gracing a bunch of top 5's

Oh, wow, ToolManMike, I didn't catch your meaning...you CAN'T ignore anyone! You're a better man than me...I'd work up a photo of an old Valiant stopped with the passenger door open, and I'd be sending it out...'get out of this A Body and walk for a week'!

I don't have anybody on ignore, but then again, I'm not here every day, so there's nobody that's really gotten under my skin. I am also not an encyclopedia of knowledge so I don't know if somebody is full of **** until after reading a bunch of responses and forming a consensus. Theres been a few that I started to question, but then that particular thread dies on its own

I have never used it. I can say my piece and be done. Sometimes it is hard, but I can respect most people here, but there are a few I disregard what they say. I've been around a while and have known some really sharp guys. I only chime in if I think I can help, or am interested in a thread.

Last edited:
And there is more than 1 reason I use it, religious, political, assclown, etc..... might be a flaw in my personality, but instead of internet arguing, better to just hit that sweet little button lol.
I completely understand. We all know how much of a believer I am and I do talk about it occasionally, but I try my best not to cram it down anybody's throat, because I cannot stand that either.

I tend to just ignore threads instead of people, like the ladies of Wal-Mart threads that pop up from time to time.
I pretty much agree with this as it applies to things I choose to do. For instance; there was an R rated movie called Showgirls that came out about 15 years ago. There was a LOT of nudity in it. There were a bunch of people protesting at the movie theater demanding that the movie be canceled by the theater. NO! If you don't want to see that movie which legally had an R rating, then don't go see it. Don't try to tell everyone else they can't see it. We went to the movie because the trailer made it look good. WOW, another case of a trailer seen on TV being nothing at all like the movie. We left about halfway through, but I did not join the protesters. Same with comedians like Dave Chappel. If you don't like him, DON"T go to see him. I think it is different on this forum. I am on the forum every day. And when I see/read garbage from a hater, I could just look over it, but I choose not to see it at all. So I hit the IGNORE button. I am NOT trying to get them deleted from the forum, I just don't want to see their poop.
I don't have anybody on ignore, but then again, I'm not here every day, so there's nobody that's really gotten under my skin. I am also not an encyclopedia of knowledge so I don't know if somebody is full of **** until after reading a bunch of responses and forming a consensus. Theres been a few that I started to question, but then that particular thread dies on its own
Well said. I always enjoy it when an assclown spouts off with their hateful crap, and several members say 'see ya' and the thread dies.
And there is more than 1 reason I use it, religious, political, assclown, etc..... might be a flaw in my personality, but instead of internet arguing, better to just hit that sweet little button lol.
Well said, Steve. You can't fix stupid, and you can't argue with it either. I have only ignored 5 or 6 people, and they were complete assclowns. Sometimes I will quote someone and tell them that I disagreed with what they said and explained why. Frequently, in fact almost always, we carry on a polite/pleasant conversation. Frequently it was a misunderstanding. Sometimes we just agree to disagree. But sometimes the crap being spewed is so vile/ridiculous, I just don't want to be subjected to it anymore.

I only have two individuals on my ignore list and that is only because they are total *** hats that have no idea how the real world works.

I have never used the ignore feature.
Me too, it's the proverbial waving of the white flag in my book, but those using ignore will never know that and can remain in their own willful bliss, unless someone quotes me. :lol:

You have great long suffering.

Me too, it's the proverbial waving of the white flag in my book, but those using ignore will never know that and can remain in their own willful bliss, unless someone quotes me. :lol:

Figured I would respond to both of ya.

Having spent years and years owning/managing and moderating web sites I’m kinda immune from it.
People can say whatever they want and it doesn’t change anything about my life.
It just tells me a lot about who they are.

-
Back