Illinois

-
Mickey's! I used to get the full rack of ribs from Mickey's in Oak Forest.

Man there's lots of food I miss from up there.

planning to in a few weeks middle of july. havana having some sorta radial prep thing. so kinda wanna try the place out. if i get my crap workong properly that is.
hows the leo's on expired plates in hellinois now? busting them up or nah?
Down here away from the **** hole known as Chicago area...they kind of let it slide....

I currently live just over state line in WI on the BIG lake. But moving down east of Marion very soon. Was wondering about machine shops in that area. Anyone know?

not in DuPage county...and be sure your emission test is taken AND bring that paperwork with you to get your plate sticker.
i have no intention to go near chicongo any time soon till fall. that wipl be without racecar in tow of course.

I just saw this post....let me know next time your coming up this way....
july 16-17 weekend is my plan. central illinois street car shootout at havana on 17th and maybe the levee district friday night lights if i can make it there in time.

Last edited:
Last Saturday of every month during summer they have a small show/cruise in highland at the square. And its highland not highland park

july 16-17 weekend is my plan. central illinois street car shootout at havana on 17th and maybe the levee district friday night lights if i can make it there in time.
You gotta pick the weekend I will be gone!!! I will be in Madison Wisconsin...a friend and, fellow Mopar lover died in a car accident last year and they are having a cruise around Madison in his honor on the 17th so, I'm loading the Challenger on the trailer and heading up to attend. His wife asked for as many cars as possible to come...he would love it!!!

Anyone around here got a 340 for sale? I am around Peoria.
Missed the Belvidere swap today. Anymore around to go and look?

Like the miserable state itself this thread has fizzled, "Midwest" part in general seems "dead compared to the rest of the areas

I slid down the water side in '55 at the Naval Training Hospital.
Left a few weeks later and saw the world from a moving van.
One of my son's likes the White Soxes so we came to a game in '04.
Other than my birth state, my sick loyalty to da bears, that is about it.

Like the miserable state itself this thread has fizzled, "Midwest" part in general seems "dead compared to the rest of the areas
Most likely it is fizzled because the state sucks. If I didn't have over a million dollars in properties that nobody wants to buy, sitting here I would be gone. They just want me to give it all away.

Most likely it is fizzled because the state sucks. If I didn't have over a million dollars in properties that nobody wants to buy, sitting here I would be gone. They just want me to give it all away.
peoria is at like 62% unemployed. aint **** there or had anything there in decades. i left 20+ years ago and only go back occasionally to see family. that dont come to see me. so i get some monicals pizza, la gandola, avantis, specially mickies pizza every time i go back. love me some kansas city mo for the last 15yrs or so. only move if i win the lottery or die at this point.

I love it here. I just hate the taxes and government. But im in the southern part. So i dont have to deal with the Chicago crap.

Yes I live in the very center of Illinois, could not be happier. I only wish Chicago would become its own state.

I love it here. I just hate the taxes and government. But im in the southern part. So i dont have to deal with the Chicago crap.
I agree, I’m 3 hours south of Chicago just outside of Effingham. Love the country living, just hate the politics and taxes.
The mob used to be the corruption fought in this state, now it’s the government. Seems like the mob and government have merged together. Hell what other state out there can say they have a law on the books to allow illegal aliens to become law enforcement officers lol.

Your not too far from me. Im down in highland about an hour from you. You forgot to mention our list of imprisoned governors

Kankakee here. I used to like living around here but not so much anymore.

We love it here but must agree the taxes are high. You just have to find a small town you really like in the 3rd largest county that is the least populated but close to Chicago. You can sit on the porch for hours and never see a car go by but in 90 minutes be on a plane at Ohare and von voyage wherever you want to go! Crescent City Golden Eagles

Yup. Drive thru crescent City twice a day during the week .. it's between work and home...
My camper is sitting in one of the buildings in the county fairgrounds just north of crescent, for probably about another month....
Gotta go that way. ...... Can't cut across 52 as that road is such a mine field....

Yup. Drive thru crescent City twice a day during the week .. it's between work and home...
My camper is sitting in one of the buildings in the county fairgrounds just north of crescent, for probably about another month....
Gotta go that way. ...... Can't cut across 52 as that road is such a mine field....
stop by some time if you want. If the red pickup is there i'm there

-
Back