"I'm getting out of MoPar" threads.........

-
My opinion? If you're posting a "I'm getting out of Mopars" thread,, you were never really into Mopars in the first place! I don't get the cost excuse either! If I want it for one of my cars, I simply save until I get enough to buy it! I never look at the off brand parts and think "why are Mopar parts so expensive"!!

Patience!! It's a way of doing things In Moparland where you wait for the right deal on the right part or car, and you spend time doing things to the right car instead of just opening the catalog and complaining about the price! Very seldom is the the time I pay full price for anything Mopar, and I buy stuff all the time! I just wait for a good deal to come along!

If you complain about the price of Mopar parts, don't do a project! Everybody knows that a done car is far less expensive to buy than building the exact same car! Just be patient, save your money and buy the best example you can find when the time is right! Then drive the damn thing and leave it alone!! JMO, but it works for me!! Geof

I was kicking around the idea of building a ford race car instead of a mopar but i know I would regret it. I like mopars more anything else. It comes down to personal opinion and what you're willing to pay to have what you desire.

If you think about it Mopar has more models that are nice then any other brand including the car line everyone and there brother builds....Camaro,Chevelle, and possibly Nova..Everybody is sick of them and now the Mustang is there too...Now if you compare Dart,Demon,Charger, Challenger,Gtx,Coronet RT or500, Aspen, And thats not even touching the Plymouth line..For me there is no other...Mopar or no car as they say...Mopar has always had great looking cars & Trucks....If you want to bail go for it there is no other car that will make you happy once youve had a Mopar...If you want s@#+ you get what you pay for...Do you want a Timex Or a Rolex...They both tell the time but Mopars turn heads, Go to a car show and see where the people are really checking the cars out...Bet it will be a Mopar...Bars none...Bill

Toys ain't cheap, no matter what it is. it ain't he who dies with most toys wins
jt's he who dies with the best toys wins that'd be MOPAR

You guys kill me, I hear the same crap from
the Harley crowd about brand loyalty.
None of these companies give a good **** about
you other than how they can sell you the next big deal.

If you'd get it in your mind that 50 year later there is
still thousands of these turds of every brand laying
around every ware you'd see that yours is likely not special,
and is replaceable with something as good or better for
less money than it takes to build your POS.

Buy what you like, sell it when it benefits you
and move up to something better.
If you'd move that junk you've got laying around you could
afford something nice.

Sellers and flippers have tons of nice things compared to your
one or three rusty piles and that's why you begrudge them.
They put in the work to move ahead while you cry about
how you been wronged and lied to, jipped and all the other
dumb **** excuses you use.
Pick one and make it go, stop whining like a little ......
I don't give a **** what you say about parts and good
machine work, they cost nearly the same across the board.
If you think you can buy/build a Chevy or Ford to the same
standards cheaper, your an idiot and I hope you have to pay double
for EVERYTHING you buy FOREVER so you will die off
the Mopar vine sooner.

To all you crybaby I'm gonna leave if somebody don't pay attention
to me guys, BEAT IT we don't need you in this hobby or site.
The old car hobby is just that, if you can be in and take care of
business, fine, if not leave and come back after your family, home ,job
is taken care of like a REAL man would.
Man up, or go cry to your mommy or someone as weak in mind
and body as you are.
JUST LEAVE AND QUIT RUINING THIS SITE WITH YOUR BABY ANTICS.

I've been up and I've been down but I'll be damned if I will
beg or cry about it on a website for the rest of the world to see.

Attachments

• S8lxS.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 309
I got married 34+ years ago and when I did I gave up mopars as we turned to raising a family. I sold my 70 Dart, 70 Cuda and 66 Dart. We followed the kids thru their sporting activities and school events. I found out our friends were no longer mopar people but were those who our kids were involved with thru their school years. It was a great 20+ years of raising kids and putting them thru college.
I had a friend that owned a 77 Corvette that wanted me to work on for him about 10 years ago. I always hated vettes and most of the people that owned them. I drove that thing for 1 month while he was away fixing one thing then fixing something else on it. It began to be fun to drive and I found myself looking for one for myself. In 2006 I bought my first vette. A 74 T-Top with 26K on it. I took a lot of ribbing from old friends about owning a vette. It was a very nice driving car but I wanted something different. I found a 72 Vette convertible and did a total resto-mod. Did a stroker, overdrive trans and 4:11 gears. It turned out to be a stunning car and I love driving it.
This past July I drove past a 66 Dart sitting for sale and something went off in my head that made me think I had to have it. So here I am building another dream that I hope turns out as nice as the vette. As for the prices, yes the mopar stuff is over priced. Its more cost effective if you are just starting out with no parts to go the way of Chevrolet. And the truth is you can build horsepower with any car if you throw enough money at it. Same with traction and hookup.
But I can honestly tell you that I am enjoying building this Dodge (with the exception of parts prices) more then I did the Vette. I cant explain it but it just feels natural. I spent 3 years restoring the vette, I hope to finish the Dart in 2. I am very excited about being back with a Dodge in the garage, but I also had my eyes opened to other cars that can be just as enjoyable to drive.
Rod
View attachment DSCN1739.jpg

View attachment DSCN2274.jpg

View attachment PA270407.jpg

I got married 34+ years ago and when I did I gave up mopars as we turned to raising a family. I sold my 70 Dart, 70 Cuda and 66 Dart. We followed the kids thru their sporting activities and school events. I found out our friends were no longer mopar people but were those who our kids were involved with thru their school years. It was a great 20+ years of raising kids and putting them thru college.
I had a friend that owned a 77 Corvette that wanted me to work on for him about 10 years ago. I always hated vettes and most of the people that owned them. I drove that thing for 1 month while he was away fixing one thing then fixing something else on it. It began to be fun to drive and I found myself looking for one for myself. In 2006 I bought my first vette. A 74 T-Top with 26K on it. I took a lot of ribbing from old friends about owning a vette. It was a very nice driving car but I wanted something different. I found a 72 Vette convertible and did a total resto-mod. Did a stroker, overdrive trans and 4:11 gears. It turned out to be a stunning car and I love driving it.
This past July I drove past a 66 Dart sitting for sale and something went off in my head that made me think I had to have it. So here I am building another dream that I hope turns out as nice as the vette. As for the prices, yes the mopar stuff is over priced. Its more cost effective if you are just starting out with no parts to go the way of Chevrolet. And the truth is you can build horsepower with any car if you throw enough money at it. Same with traction and hookup.
But I can honestly tell you that I am enjoying building this Dodge (with the exception of parts prices) more then I did the Vette. I cant explain it but it just feels natural. I spent 3 years restoring the vette, I hope to finish the Dart in 2. I am very excited about being back with a Dodge in the garage, but I also had my eyes opened to other cars that can be just as enjoyable to drive.
Rod
View attachment 1714699641

View attachment 1714699642

View attachment 1714699643

Dude, that's a sweet piece of fiberglass. What are the seats?

mines mostly money, working part time doesnt pay much. and parts do cost all accross the board, but ill be damned if im gonna ask for anything for free other than information and advice. and while i dont have much money, i do chug along slowly while the truck sits up for sale and i look for better things and i have a job that i love going to work at. you are righ tho, ppl hate flippers cause for some reason they seem to always have a buyer and everything goes right for them for lil to no work at all just a simple lie.

You think flippin stuff is easy and everything goes right for those guys you have just got to be delusional. I've been buying and selling parts and cars for 40 years and its not the least bit easy. You want to hear the flip side of the story? I used to go to swap meets all the time and buy parts for my projects and to resell if I could get them cheap. When I would get home from a show all of the locals would descend on me like buzzards on road kill wanting to buy all of my stuff for the "good buddy" price that I got it for because they "needed it for their car" only to find it advertised the next week for twice as much. I just tell everybody that ask that if they want the sweet deals on stuff they need to take off work and load up their stuff and drive the 10 hours to a show and buy a booth and get a hotel and try to beat me to the good deals because that's the only way they are getting the "good buddy" price on anything. If they want something I have they can either pay what I'm asking or offer to trade something I feel is worthy. The reason everybody hates flippers is because they outworked everyones lazy butts and got there first.

I have always had minimum of 3 garage queens .... Very rarely drove them ... ALWAYS spent money on them .... it seemed like everytime i was spending money on them ... bill was between 300-500 dollars minimum ???
Now i am down to 2 cars ... turned 50 years old...Takes me longer to do things now ... less time to do .... Physically taking a toll on my body ....
Personally ... i DON'T think that mopar prices will ever go back to what they were prior to the crash ...
one reason ... once the NEW Challenger becomes more affordable , due to market being saturated with used ones .... the old muscle car prices are going to drop considerably ...SO i would be VERY hesitant in spending big money in a MOPAR ... UNLESS you have a paper DOCUMENTED .. number matching ... rare car ...

My first love is Mopars..............but lately my bad back and knees are making things a lot less enjoyable. I will be turning 51 this year and those 35 plus cars I have owned in my life seems like so long ago now. Growing old is no fun!!!!!!
I will probably get out of the hobby I love so much soon, but not just yet.

Attachments

• i21363.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 181
People have the right to build whatever they want. If somebody thinks they can build another make easier, that's their business. I bet some of yall would be a lot different in person. Easy to insult people in front of a computer.

you guys can have my Mopar when you prey my cold dead fingers off the steering wheel.

check-mate!

once you sell your car(s) its game over. I almost made that mistake when I got my career started and a family member convinced me to keep the cars and I am sure glad I kept everything now. Cars don't eat and don't really cost anything while sitting in a garage. If you are tired of your car let it sit for awhile and one day you will want your old friend back and it will be waiting for you. A car can hangout for many years before it starts getting messed up.

once you sell your car(s) its game over. I almost made that mistake when I got my career started and a family member convinced me to keep the cars and I am sure glad I kept everything now. Cars don't eat and don't really cost anything while sitting in a garage. If you are tired of your car let it sit for awhile and one day you will want your old friend back and it will be waiting for you. A car can hangout for many years before it starts getting messed up.

X2 no more needs to be said.

once you sell your car(s) its game over.

BS.... i've gotten rid of all my cars in the past then bought new toys a few years later. its easy to get back in if you ever get out of the hobby..

and one day you will want your old friend back and it will be waiting for you.

BS.... i've gotten rid of all my cars in the past then bought new toys a few years later. its easy to get back in if you ever get out of the hobby..

I call BS on your bs!!

As mentioned above "one day you will want your OLD FRIEND" back and it will be waiting for you.
Sure, you can get back in the game (even if it's a mustang) but once you sell your "Old Friend" you are VERY unlikely to get the same car back!

I call BS on your bs!!

As mentioned above "one day you will want your OLD FRIEND" back and it will be waiting for you.
Sure, you can get back in the game (even if it's a mustang) but once you sell your "Old Friend" you are VERY unlikely to get the same car back!

i've bought two cars i sold back. ended up parting them both out.... the idea of having them back was better than actually having them back.

the mustang is just one of the toys. still have the 70 dart but you ignored that part of my signature. :)

guess some get all sentimental over their cars.. not me. they are toys. i get to a point and i get bored and move on. so yes you can completely get out of the car hobby today and be full in in a few years. its easy to do and i have done it a couple of times. if i want another car like i had i'll just build an improved version of it.

i've bought two cars i sold back. ended up parting them both out.... the idea of having them back was better than actually having them back.

the mustang is just one of the toys. still have the 70 dart but you ignored that part of my signature. :)

guess some get all sentimental over their cars.. not me. they are toys. i get to a point and i get bored and move on. so yes you can completely get out of the car hobby today and be full in in a few years. its easy to do and i have done it a couple of times.

Thought the Dart was your wifes car!

Sentimental, yes some of us do consider them that! And yes, they are also my toys, maybe that's why I have 2 of my Darts 30 some odd years! Just my .02 though and I would guess a few others might have that OPINION.

Thought the Dart was your wifes car!

what's mine is hers and what's hers is mine. i found it, worked the deal, buy all the parts for it, do all the work and drive it 95% of the time. i think i can call it my dart too..:)

i'd get bored to death owning the same car for 30 years. too many other toys i want for me to stick with just one..

thats all besides the point though. bottom line is if you get completely out of the hobby today its cake to get back in tomorrow or a couple years down the road.

-
Back