Status
Not open for further replies.

tobysoldblue

tobysoldblue
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
In the 2500-2800 rpm range,little more stall will be ok,i guess.Its going in my 71 dart,street/stripper,318,with lunati voodoo cam,494 intake,513 exhaust lift,226,234 duration.Im running a stealth intake,would like to be able to run a 3.55 gear on long trips,and at least 3.91s during track season.Any body got a good used verter you want to part with at a deal?

Sorry no help, but just some advice from my situation. i had a off the shelf '2500' stall, cheap converter. Figured it would run okay with my 318 setup. Very inconsistant, really just didnt 'feel right'. Dropped $650 on a 9 1/2" Dynamic converter, 3500rpm footbrake stall/3900rpm flash...flat out RIPS. I hear PTC makes a good custom tweaked converter for cheaper, moral of my situation is you definately get what you pay for.

I personally wouldn't buy another 'tweaked' converter that was setup for a car that wasn't very similar to mine. You can end up with a even worse setup. And the off the shelf ones hard hit or miss, even on a hit they aren't that great (from what ive seen/heard/read).

My Dynamic ended up cruising at a lower rpm than the cheapo 2500 stall as well...pretty awesome given i nail it from a stready cruise and it jumps to 3900 and pulls. Just my 2cents! Good luck -Mike

I have a summit brand 2500 stall im my truck(they dont sale them for chryslers any more)it works awsome,but its the only stall coverter ive ever owned,so i have nothing to compare it to really.I figured it was a factory high stall type unit that was rebuilt or something,i dont know.I do understand,and have heard many times that you get what you pay for with stall converters.I was hoping some one on here had a good one they were willing to sale because they needed more stall or something,or were upgrading from what they had.Maybe ill get lucky,well see

I went with a Turbo Action 19801 for my 904 with 408, stall is around 2700. Give Mancini Racing a call or contact Turbo Action to see what they say, this would be with your 318. I went with Turbo Action, because they have been working with Mopar for years. You could get a custom built, your choice.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back