I'm MJ's friend

-

mj's friend

Reaction score
hello all, I'll be helping mj build his beaver. I am by no means an expert builder/mechanic but MJ is my buddy and he's gonna need some help. I've screwed around with SBF's, rebuilt a handful of motors, built a few custom turbo kits, built some 4x4's and such but Mopars are all new to me. I told him he's insane if he doesn't make an account here, we've learned more in 10 minutes of scrolling around this forum than the prior week of googling. Thanks for letting us in! hope you don't kick me out because I technically don't own a mopar!

Jared

:welcome: from:canada:
There are plenty of good people here, lots of experience, and willing to help. Plus all of the technical threads to research. Glad to have you both aboard, and lots of us have or have owned other brands, so we don't discriminate. :poke:
:steering::thumbsup:

2CB7BF8B-5265-4EAF-8CC6-81F89786565C.jpeg

hello all, I'll be helping mj build his beaver. I am by no means an expert builder/mechanic but MJ is my buddy and he's gonna need some help. I've screwed around with SBF's, rebuilt a handful of motors, built a few custom turbo kits, built some 4x4's and such but Mopars are all new to me. I told him he's insane if he doesn't make an account here, we've learned more in 10 minutes of scrolling around this forum than the prior week of googling. Thanks for letting us in! hope you don't kick me out because I technically don't own a mopar!

Jared
Hey Jared! Welcome aboard!

Technically not owning a MoPar isn’t grounds for throwing you out the door. Since your looking for help on one, that gets you an invite and a chair, so pull one up and start reading. Ask your questions.

You’ll find MoPars are a little finicky from time to time on putting things together. The engine is pretty straight forward.

As far as you being a “Ford Guy,” no one really cares because while we are all MoPar car owners here, cars is the focus point. If you poke around enough, there is a a Ford build or two in here as well. Also a rare Chevy engine swap and “Other Guys” builds and show cases.

There is a bunch of MoPar or no car members here but it’s a rare rare few that wave that flag super hard. Bottom line is, this is a car forum with car guys and gals. The one thing car people like to do (besides give there opinion what they would have done better like an arm good ol’chair quarter back will do … LMAO!) is just simply help. You’ll get help here.

So don’t be afraid to ask a question even if you think it is a stupid or ultra basic one that you think you should know already. Those little caveats are the ones that will catch you out there with your pants down.

Enjoy the learning curve. I think you’ll find the small block Chrysler a very worthy engine to build. Like everything, it has its short comings and draw backs. But over all, it’s a pretty damn good and potent weapon of choice we have made.

If there is a certain specific topic you need to know about, we have some members that are awesome in there niche area. I’ve been here half way to forever and I’m still in awe at what some of these members know.

Hey Jared! Welcome aboard!

Technically not owning a MoPar isn’t grounds for throwing you out the door. Since your looking for help on one, that gets you an invite and a chair, so pull one up and start reading. Ask your questions.

You’ll find MoPars are a little finicky from time to time on putting things together. The engine is pretty straight forward.

As far as you being a “Ford Guy,” no one really cares because while we are all MoPar car owners here, cars is the focus point. If you poke around enough, there is a a Ford build or two in here as well. Also a rare Chevy engine swap and “Other Guys” builds and show cases.

There is a bunch of MoPar or no car members here but it’s a rare rare few that wave that flag super hard. Bottom line is, this is a car forum with car guys and gals. The one thing car people like to do (besides give there opinion what they would have done better like an arm good ol’chair quarter back will do … LMAO!) is just simply help. You’ll get help here.

So don’t be afraid to ask a question even if you think it is a stupid or ultra basic one that you think you should know already. Those little caveats are the ones that will catch you out there with your pants down.

Enjoy the learning curve. I think you’ll find the small block Chrysler a very worthy engine to build. Like everything, it has its short comings and draw backs. But over all, it’s a pretty damn good and potent weapon of choice we have made.

If there is a certain specific topic you need to know about, we have some members that are awesome in there niche area. I’ve been here half way to forever and I’m still in awe at what some of these members know.
That is super well written! Nice job RF360, admin should just make that an automatic response “welcome note” to any new members. I got nothing to add but welcome aboard.

Welcome to The Forum I think you're going about it the right way. Some people just come in newbie and want everyone's knowledge right out of the gate and then run away. If you introduce yourself maybe show pictures of your project get us interested in what you're doing and show us your interested in what you're doing and helps people give out good advice. But again this is a large pool of people who have varying opinions on what can be done what should be done. I would just go with the people that are giving you their experience of what they have done and then weigh it all out for yourself...
Mopar to you..

Welcome. Ok, I'm a little old school. MJ's your friend. I can think of nothing else but Michael Jordan. LOL, is he who your helping ?

I don't know what the "build his beaver" thing is but let's show some respect.

There is no respect issue. We are trying to find out what a beaver is. Is this a swamp buggy? For instance, Mopars were used in many of the old Sno Cats. I even rode in one of those--twice up to Mt Spokane, and once up to "Mica Peak"

Welcome. Ok, I'm a little old school. MJ's your friend. I can think of nothing else but Michael Jordan. LOL, is he who your helping ?
Lol you’re correct. But it’s spelled micheal Jordan and he’s about 32 yrs old, 6’1” and white. He made an introduction post the same day as mine. He has a 71 dart

Thanks for the warm welcome. And I wouldn’t say I’m a Ford guy, I just happened to stumble into fords. I’m not partial to any manufacturer. Any nicely built car with a strong motor is cool IMO regardless of year/make/model. I’m currently on my 3rd Suzuki samurai so you guys will get zero judgement out of me.
upload_2022-4-9_14-18-44.jpeg

-
Back