I'm Thinking of Selling the Ramcharger...

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
Do you all think I could get $2500-2000 for it? It will not include the engine, alternator or battery, but will include everything listed below:

Rebuilt 727.
Rebuilt transfer case.
B&M light truck Megashifter.
Custom powder coated Dash with Autometer gauges: Electronic Speedo, Tach, Voltmeter, Oil Pressure, Trans Temp, Water Temp.
New trans mounts, motor mounts.
All electricals tested and or repaired. 6 ga alt cable.
Mallory 685 ignition with blaster II coil.
Holley fuel pump w/relay and all AN fuel line.
Rebuilt power steering box.
Rebuilt power steering pump and new PS lines.
New master cyl and booster.
New wheel cylinder, shoes, brake hardware and drums.
New Skyjacker shocks all around.
Gusseted rear shock mounts.
Add a leafs front and rear.
5K miles on 33x12.5 tires BF Goodrich AT KO's.
New axle seals front and rear.
9 1/4 rear, Dana 44 front.
Chrome cover and guard on rear axle.
New u-joints all around including front axle.
New front axle (spindle) bearings.
Frame was urethaned and painted.
New body mounts and rear body mounts repaired and reinforced with 14 ga plate.
All steel body, only the right rocker needs replacement. An I have it. No bondo, what you see is what you get.
The entire underbody was repaired, urethaned and painted.
New windshield.
Comes with two spare doors and spare window glass.
Floors are rhino lined from back of front seats to inside of firewall.
Includes the entire exhaust system from headers back.
Also includes a spare right front spindle.
Radiator support was replaced with a rust free piece that urethaned and painted.
Headlight buckets were replaced and urethaned.

Plus much more. As I said before, does not include engine, torque converter, battery and alternator. The truck right now is 100% functional and is really my most reliable vehicle.

Here's just a few pics:

P1010639.jpg

P1010625.jpg

P1010642.jpg

PC040472.jpg

P7290776.JPG

P8070798web.JPG

P7130699web.JPG

P1011063webdriversidefront2.jpg

P1011064webrear.jpg

PC040456web.JPG

If you lived here in Upstate NY you'd get that asking price, without a doubt, even without engine. I'm constantly turning down offers on mine and it's a rusty hulk (I've posted pics). Every time one comes up for sale around here it sits for may be a day, two at the most and is gone. So good luck with the sale, if that's where your heart takes you.

You have done some very nice work to that thing. If I was in the market for another 4X4 I would jump all over it. Good luck with the sale Ramcharger.

I need the dough. Not selling because I want too be because I have too. It's either this or the Duster. Thanks for the good wishes badart.

I also forgot to add that it has a rust free radiator mount (forgot the exact name, but it holds the entire front end together) that I ureathaned and painted. All structural rust has been addressed and strengthened beyond factory specs to include the tailpan, inner wheel wells, and even the area behind the taillights was gusseted with 14ga steel.

All that would need to be done is the rocker panel that I have, skim coat and little hammering on some dings, paint, panel alignment and weather strip. Drop in a battery, engine and alternator and it's good for 100,000 miles or more. Front calipers and rotors should be replaced in time, but they're OK for now.

Understood. What market are you leaning towards? What's the going rate in CO for one with all this work done/needs to be done? As I've said, I've had offers of $3500 for mine, with 171,000 and a rusty body.

Hell yes Ram, keep the Duster. How's things going by the way.

Terry

Yeah, I figured I keep the Duster and engine out of the RC. I know I'm taking a loss on the RC but that's how hot rodding goes. :)

Not so hot. I just found out that my mother has pancreatic cancer and I need to go see her before it's too late. The RC is well built steel but blood is still thicker. Still no job.

Understood. What market are you leaning towards? What's the going rate in CO for one with all this work done/needs to be done? As I've said, I've had offers of $3500 for mine, with 171,000 and a rusty body.

Don't really know what the market will bear here, but I think I'm going to find out. Shoot, just the gauges and senders are worth 500+ bucks. Trans is worth 750 as it sits (All heavy duty bands, clutches, steels and TF-2 shift kit). Transfer case I rebuilt with all new bearings and HD chain, 600 bucks, ignition is 250, front Dana 44 is 500 as it sits, 9 1/4 is worth 250, shifter is new, 200 bucks, PS pump 100 bucks, PS box 250 bucks, shocks 150 bucks, this list goes on and on. I even rebuilt the steering column.

Good luck on the sale. Good luck on the job hunt. Prayers for your mom. Keep the chin up on the job hunt. I just got a phone call from a dealership I applied to via website back in March and interviewing Monday. They are out there. Sometimes just takes long while for 'em to figure out what's going on.

Ramcharger,

My wife just survived pancreatic cancer. If they caught it early then there is a good chance. It also depends if it is limited to one specific area of the organ. I most certainly will add your mom to my prayers. My wife is 57. How old, if I may ask, is your mom?

Flathead

Good luck on the sale. Good luck on the job hunt. Prayers for your mom. Keep the chin up on the job hunt. I just got a phone call from a dealership I applied to via website back in March and interviewing Monday. They are out there. Sometimes just takes long while for 'em to figure out what's going on.

Thanks ramenth. :)

Ramcharger,

My wife just survived pancreatic cancer. If they caught it early then there is a good chance. It also depends if it is limited to one specific area of the organ. I most certainly will add your mom to my prayers. My wife is 57. How old, if I may ask, is your mom?

Flathead

She's 87 and has a pacemaker. She's lived a good long life but she still has plenty of spunk. They have a few more surgeries to do so I won't really know more for a couple of weeks.

Really sorry to hear about your Mom, hopefully she can get through this. I'm still in disbelief about your job situation, I thought for sure something would come up by now, things must be a lot more bleak down there than I figured. Hopefully something will come up soon, really unfortunate to have to sell the Ramcharger. Good luck with everything Joe, it's high time for some good things to happen.

Thousand miles by car. I still have figure out what to do with the dogs while I'm gone too.

I don't know which way you're heading to visit your mom, but if you're coming thru AZ, we'll dog sit your pups. Or, spoil em rotten....LOL

:angel10: Prayers sent for your mom ramcharger.....it sure has been a tough year for you.

Here in Arkansas you would be looking at a $4.000 dolor deal Joe
I have been gone for a while and just found this thread brother.
I have watched you build Quadzilla and you have put some great work in him and some great great modes for strength and well thought out.
My prayers sent out to you and your mom and hope you can find a way to keep Quadzilla

I wish and pray that ramcharger can keep his ramcharger he has put together to last a life time. [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o< That ramcharger belongs to you Joe :rock:

I should ask this with a pm but I will take my chances.
Would you consider selling the table you built ? I think you built it to be disassembled didn't you ? Have you priced a round trip plain ticket yet ?

Really sorry to hear about your Mom, hopefully she can get through this. I'm still in disbelief about your job situation, I thought for sure something would come up by now, things must be a lot more bleak down there than I figured. Hopefully something will come up soon, really unfortunate to have to sell the Ramcharger. Good luck with everything Joe, it's high time for some good things to happen.

Thanks Rob. :)

I don't know which way you're heading to visit your mom, but if you're coming thru AZ, we'll dog sit your pups. Or, spoil em rotten....LOL

:angel10: Prayers sent for your mom ramcharger.....it sure has been a tough year for you.

Thank you 6pk, but I have to go way north. No rush yet as she's OK right now but is getting her estate in order. Daredevil is correct, your offer is amazing and thank you so much.

Here in Arkansas you would be looking at a $4.000 dolor deal Joe
I have been gone for a while and just found this thread brother.
I have watched you build Quadzilla and you have put some great work in him and some great great modes for strength and well thought out.
My prayers sent out to you and your mom and hope you can find a way to keep Quadzilla

I wish and pray that ramcharger can keep his ramcharger he has put together to last a life time. [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o< That ramcharger belongs to you Joe :rock:

Thank you Mike for your compliments on my build. I did create this thing to last yet my feelings of remorse of the sale would pale in comparison to how I would feel if couldn't get to see my mother before she passed.

I got an offer of a plane ticket and rental car from some members of my family but I would prefer to handle this on my own if I can. I love my truck but I can't predict the future so it would be better to have the cash in hand in case time gets short. I'll still have the Duster and the engine so all is not lost and the Jeep can do about 75% of what the Ramcharger can.

I've been seeing some nice RC's for sale (from the pictures) for 3K with an engine but who knows what lurks underneath that paint and hood.

Quote = but I would prefer to handle this on my own.
I understand Joe, But you have to think of the folks that truly want to help, They want to!! Its like setting down to eat and not have a plate of food my friend .
You know as well as I do that a mans pride is his life some times, But it can get in the way also , It hurts to receive some times or you do with out, And that's what I do, But there is a time to receive then give all the time. Just something to think about my brother.

Dont settle for no less in my books Ram you goy a lot of work in it.Are time is worth something when we do our own work dont sell your self short.Good luck,I am rooten for ya.

Nice project, and that's a very fair price in my opinion List it on Ramcharger Central I'm the NY chapter leader for those interested.

Good luck with your Mom

Nice project, and that's a very fair price in my opinion List it on Ramcharger Central I'm the NY chapter leader for those interested.

Good luck with your Mom

Thank you Bogie, I'm a member there as well, my username is "orangezilla". I keep seeing some very "pretty" RC's for sale and I wonder if I can get my point across about what I've done to this without the peanut gallery chipping in. I'm more than happy to have a knowlegble local member like Primergrey or the "Bunny Killer" to come take a peak and go for a blast west on 6th Ave and see this up close.

Thank you in regards to my Mom. The members here are taking care of me and hopefully, I won't have to sell with or without an engine. I really don't want to sell but I will if that's what it takes to see my mother before she dies, done deal. Here's a clip with the engine:

-
Back