Imported from Detroit!!!

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
Being a "Michigander" I am happy to see this commercial.

with the condition detroit (Michigan in general) is in with the auto industry problems here and the economy being hit really hard here, I am glad to see a chrysler commercial that is a reminder as to where this all started and a reminder to the American dream.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKL254Y_jtc"]YouTube - Chrysler Eminem Super Bowl Commercial - Imported From Detroit[/ame]

being a native Detroiter I actually liked the commercial but the pessimistic side of me and knowing how the UAW rules the roost at Chryco I'm in a "wait and see" mode. I'm a Chrysler man to the core and I hope they can put MOPAR back in Chrysler if you know what I mean...

Imported from Detroit :color::thumleft:
To cool and thank you for sharing that with us Dude :rock:
I will sped the word =D>=D>=D>

I like what chrysler has been doing recently , I like the challenger name being back, and charger name.....the newer quality isnt as good as I would expect ....but I am hopeful anyhow.

so far I've seen only glimpses of parts, fender, mirror, grille,
I guess I'll have to go to the dealership to see the car.

I'm from Nova Scotia and I just saw the commercial yesterday here at work and I think its great. Its important to remember where it all started.
Though the new 200 just looks like a rebadged crappy Sebring. I can't say there are many Mopars I would want to own these days.

I'm from Nova Scotia and I just saw the commercial yesterday here at work and I think its great. Its important to remember where it all started.
Though the new 200 just looks like a rebadged crappy Sebring. I can't say there are many Mopars I would want to own these days.

After totaling our RAV4, The rental car we have is a 2011 Dodge Caliber. I'm liking it. Could be that its small chrome accents inside remind me of something else. LOL
The new Caliber can be had for about 2500 less than the new RAV also. No decision yet.

American my *** the company is 30% owned by an Italian auto maker:angry7::angry7:

After totaling our RAV4, The rental car we have is a 2011 Dodge Caliber. I'm liking it. Could be that its small chrome accents inside remind me of something else. LOL
The new Caliber can be had for about 2500 less than the new RAV also. No decision yet.

I was working at a Chrysler dealer when those first came out, still hate them. I like the new Challengers, the JKs are slowly growing on me (I've had 6 Jeeps and love them), like the 300s and the new Ram I would like even more if you could get a 2wd short box with a stick (I can't seem to find anything that says they build it). I currently own 3 Mopars a 73, 88 & a 94. But IF I was going to buy something new, that was cheap and good on fuel, honestly I hate to say it, but I would buy a new Hyundai.

yah, maybe...
my reaction was wtf is this haha

I did like the hottest fires make the toughest steal approach, but it didnt strike me as consistent with a luxury car.

just my honest silly opinion angry9:

personally I found this BWM commercial intriguing
http://www.youtube.com/user/BMWUSA?v=HR06x_f-Zxo&feature=pyv&ad=9542491535&kw=BMW commercial

but I'd much rather buy me a dodge truck before I get a BWM. :thumbup:

Speaking of American-made products, we should all get in the habit of asking where the part we are buying is made. I like to say, "No thanks, I'll keep looking for an American-made part." If enough people do this, suppliers will take note. Send an e-mail if you don't want to call the supplier.

American my *** the company is 30% owned by an Italian auto maker:angry7::angry7:

It's still a American company. Just because another company owns 30% doesn't make it les American. Stocks/Shares are just designed that way and it would be extremely short sighted to tink the Italians own it other than the shares they purchased.

If they purchased a controling share, the ball game changes a tad. But an American company it would still be.

Other wise, loved the commer. message, not the commer. itself.

The 200 is a simple peoples mover car. A modern and basic cheap people mover.

Goggle the new cars gas mileage / abilties and do note that the est. 40 mpg ratings from a few manufactures are done with little 1.4 or so engines. (I think they also are turbo'd)

I liked the new commercial. Now if they can find a way to sell for a little less they can give the other car makers a run for the money.

I loved the commerical. It's time we start buying American again.
The job you save might be your own! We better start now, or there will
be a riseing sun on our flag soon.
I'd buy a GM product before I'd buy an import.

I would just like to see Chrysler come out with a small 4 cylinder car with a stick and 15" wheels and no frills. Something to compete against the Accent and cars like that. Something that is affordable all around.

I would just like to see Chrysler come out with a small 4 cylinder car with a stick and 15" wheels and no frills. Something to compete against the Accent and cars like that. Something that is affordable all around.

But RWD and plenty of power to go with it like the 340 Duster?

But RWD and plenty of power to go with it like the 340 Duster?

That would make a great upgraded option. You can't get a Road Runner or Superbee anymore, something stripped down and go fast. Or something like the FWD Daytonas/Chargers. Power everything is nice, but its adds weight and cost. I work at German auto dealer and anything over 12yrs old just isn't worth keeping on the road. Parts are too expensive, the average guy can't work on it at home. Everything is built to be thrown away these days.

I simply wouldn't buy a modern Mopar because they don't build anything that fits what I'm looking for and can afford. Maybe if I sold the 3 I have, yes I could afford something. But what fun is that? No 340 Duster :sad1:

Grew up on the corner of Ford Rd and Telegraph in Dbn Hts. I love this too (minus the eminem part - he is a :tool:) But I too agree.... wait and see. The UAW has ruined everything. Can mamma Chrysler really make a comeback. Lets hope so.

FIRST OFF great commercial the first time I think EVER chrysler has had a NUMBER ONE commercial evreything I have read about the tv spot has been GREAT REVIEWS.

SECOND OFF chrysler is doing the best it has EVER done since the late 70's right now the products are HOT again and it looks like it took an italian to get the job done he has woried more about WHAT SELLS in america then any other chrysler owner HE IS GETTING THE JOB DONE

and LAST "Imported From Detroit" is one of the best tag lines from chrysler yet

UAW ruined everything? What about all the fact crooked cats at the top? Did they take a pay cut to save the company?lol...blaming one entity for all chryslers woes is just judgemental and hardly fact.

...and that's the point of only showing glimpses. They can't sell you one if they don't get in the dealership.
The message from this commercial is one of my favorites from the Super Bowl. I also agree that "Imported from Detroit" is a great tagline.

I can't really get excited by a commercial but as commercials go it's ok. The tag line "Imported from Detroit" is appealing though. But they have got to improve on their quality, people have too many options, they are not going to buy products with the worst reliability ratings.

-
Back