Indy/RHS heads on SB strokers

-
It appears to me that the RHS head is to Chryslers as the Dart head has been to SBC. A great budget iron head, bolt it on make 5 hundo or so and have a nice day!

Basically, yeah. Except Chevy has Bow tie, Dart, Pro Action, etc etc etc....lol

I'll refrain from saying anything nasty but if the person who started this thread wants to know about small block heads give Ryan j. at shadydell speed shop a call,he's the "best" in the business when it come to small block heads..period!!!

That's your "opinion"....ha ha ha!

I'll refrain from saying anything nasty but if the person who started this thread wants to know about small block heads give Ryan j. at shadydell speed shop a call,he's the "best" in the business when it come to small block heads..period!!!

I don't know why you're knockin on Brian @ IMM. I bet he knows just as much as those guys at shady dell...Got my RHS heads from brian at IMM...I am very happy with them..:)

Stroked had good results with Ryan. I've done well with his work too. But I know there are as good or better out there as I'm sure Brian does. He's pretty good. Certainly WELL beyond anything many guys (including me) can do. But there are those that improve his work fairly regularly.

I don't know why you're knockin on Brian @ IMM. I bet he knows just as much as those guys at shady dell...Got my RHS heads from brian at IMM...I am very happy with them..:)

I'm not knocking anyone..i'm giving some good advice to someone asking about small block heads...sorry if you thought i was putting down your HERO...

We know the new Indy/RHS heads are larger than the std Mopar heads of the past, 894, 915, 576 and so on. But they are smaller than the W2 series heads. I feel the new Indy/RHS heads are an excellent replacement for the older std castings on the 340 and 360 engines. I believe that is what they were mostly aimed at. Larger but not too large for the 340 and 360 engines. But..are they large enough for the stroker motors we are putting together ? I have seen the dyno numbers for stroker motors with these new castings, and they are impressive, but, ..are they enough for these larger small blocks. W2's might be a better choice, but much more expensive , for very high output engines. What say you ?

Terry
I went with the RHS ones with 202 valves for my 408 stroker. My engine builder says those heads are just right for what I'm gonna do and should get 450 H without porting. He did say like all heads they will need cleaned up. I'm not building a 600 H motor. One I can drive from here to Indy or Evansville and have 400- 500 HP. A street motor. I will know more about it tomorrow. Just my 2 cents. Guess it just depends on what you want and thats what counts.

Just put more nitrous on it.

Just put more nitrous on it.

A major point I am reminding freely,, most of us don't go to the dragstrip on a trailer.....

I got a set of RHS at the end of the year on top of my 408 in a 67 Barracuda, full weight,
small valves, 1.92/1.625, Let me tell you a lot of jaws dropped !

Ran high 11's......and it is a STREET CAR !
Altough next year I want to run in the high 10's, I don't plan on changing for aluminum, the bigger valves, port job, suspension work, good TC will get me there no prob......for almost the cost of a hot dog..................so to speak! lol

Dan

Indy 360-1's....

The 360-1 is no longer in production (I believe) and Indy doesn't advertise it anymore.

What head is recommended for (Mainly Street) Strokers over 420 ci?

BTW, the recommended use of a 2.100" Intake valve would most likely be mandatory according to Jim Szilagyi: "How to Build Big Inch Small Block Mopars", SA 104P: What do you think of this claim ? :downtown:

The 360-1 is no longer in production (I believe) and Indy doesn't advertise it anymore.

BTW, the recommended use of a 2.100" Intake valve would most likely be mandatory according to Jim Szilagyi: "How to Build Big Inch Small Block Mopars", SA 104P: What do you think of this claim ? :downtown:

That book has some good info (and yes, I own it...). But it's not "the bible". It's his impression of what's perfect. It's not a bible by a long shot.

Indy has both the Rect. port and Oval port heads, in either 210cc, 230cc ovals or 245cc rect. cnc ported or bare with no porting.

Over 420cid doesn't really mean much...you can make great power with ported eddy heads on a 420cid engine just not much rpm. You have to look at the entire build and what your plans are for the engine before you can decide just what to do. Usually budget is KING and everything else is a compromise.

A major point I am reminding freely,, most of us don't go to the dragstrip on a trailer.....

I got a set of RHS at the end of the year on top of my 408 in a 67 Barracuda, full weight,
small valves, 1.92/1.625, Let me tell you a lot of jaws dropped !

Ran high 11's......and it is a STREET CAR !
Altough next year I want to run in the high 10's, I don't plan on changing for aluminum, the bigger valves, port job, suspension work, good TC will get me there no prob......for almost the cost of a hot dog..................so to speak! lol

Dan
b

I know this is an old post but I was wanting to know how high
In the 11's you ran. Becuase I was told the same thing by
My engine builder . Using the RHS heads on my 416 with the small
Valves. Thanks

-
Back