Indy/RHS X HEADS GASKET UPDATE

-
Sorry should have said this first............

The only gasket that fits these heads is a FELPRO Part number 519SD Permatorque.................

The Copper gaskets would be a great option for HIGHER compression, Nitrous, Forced induction Etc...........

Not bad at 72.00 each in my opinion.

why is it that only that fel pro gasket fits?

What exactly is the issue with head gaskets and these heads?

Also too keep in mind that most copper gaskets need to have the block and heads O ringed to seal properly. One side with a steel wire and the other a reciever groove.

ahh so any head gasket will fit? you just dont like stock head gaskets

Also too keep in mind that most copper gaskets need to have the block and heads O ringed to seal properly. One side with a steel wire and the other a reciever groove.

Yes, I heard the bad news today from another fellow MOPAR homie!!

Cometic is also looking into the issue. A small change around the water jackets in only 2 areas on each gasket will fix the problem..............

What exactly is the issue with head gaskets and these heads?

The water jackets on the intake side between 1&3 and 5&7 on the intake side will not seal off. The cometic gasket embossing is not large enough to seal this area........It is the same on the opposite side of the motor same place.

It WOULD FOR SURE leak like a stuck pig if I would not have caught it.......

The Felpro's have a blue seal that goes right around the water jackets.
They would work but I just dont trust them. I have friends that push them out on a regular basis.

ahh so any head gasket will fit? you just dont like stock head gaskets

No that is not what I said. Only 1 -- ONE gasket will fit it. 519SD Perma torque.........74 for some reason you have a hard time listening.

I dont understand your sarcasm..........been reading it for a while now. Then you usually run and hide:bootysha:

WTH is that suppose to mean? Run and Hide...:thebirdm: Just because I disagreed with what you said means I run and Hide? If u read what I have posted lately Im getting The Rhs heads And a new cam with .570 lift...so dont be a :tool:

WTH is that suppose to mean? Run and Hide...:thebirdm: Just because I disagreed with what you said means I run and Hide? If u read what I have posted lately Im getting The Rhs heads And a new cam with .570 lift...so dont be a :tool:

Now you are listening, that is good!!

Sorry should have said this first............

The only gasket that fits these heads is a FELPRO Part number 519SD Permatorque.................

The Copper gaskets would be a great option for HIGHER compression, Nitrous, Forced induction Etc...........

Not bad at 72.00 each in my opinion.

Louis, does the 1008 felpro high compression gasket fit the same as the 519 perma torque?
Thats a real question, since I don't have the 2 in front of me.lol

FWIW I used the regular perma torque's on my 410 w/10.1 comp, but that ain't 11.+ comp so..

So it looks like they based these heads on using the magnum 92-current head gaskets, which because I don't care for magnum top ends didn't know there was a different head gasket, I learned today.

Louis, does the 1008 felpro high compression gasket fit the same as the 519 perma torque?
Thats a real question, since I don't have the 2 in front of me.lol

FWIW I used the regular perma torque's on my 410 w/10.1 comp, but that ain't 11.+ comp so..

So it looks like they based these heads on using the magnum 92-current head gaskets, which because I don't care for magnum top ends didn't know there was a different head gasket, I learned today.

Per HUGHES and for what that is worth, Tim over there says they have running engines using the 519SD and that the 1008 gasket will not fit.

Yes the gasket will need to magnum based.........kind of gets me pissed a bit. Don at 4secondsflat is helping me to see if Cometic will change out their die program for the MINOR changes that would need to take place.

I do have the 519SD gasket and the Cometic side by side. There is only a minor difference in the areas posted earlier. Good thing I found this out or I would have had a MAJOR leak right at break in of the engine. That would have sucked!!

If need be I will run the Felpro, just didnt want to if I had a choice is all.

Also after working on the Magnum heads I would not ever go this route again......just my opinion!

I really gotta see a pic of this missalignment.

Can you post one please, thanks.

Yes I will try to do it. I always have a hard time posting pictures for some reason.

I will take a few pictures before work and post them today if I can figure it out.

Someone have instructions on how to do it?? The mis alignment is VERY minor but it would for sure be a mess....

Help loading the pictures would be a great help!

Ok, here are some pictures I hope they are attached. On the Cometic, there is just a MINOR gap where the embossing on the gasket would seal around the water port......but it would leak like crazy if assembled this way.

More pictures to follow of what I am working on.

10-8-2009 093.jpg

10-8-2009 119.jpg

10-8-2009 058.jpg

10-8-2009 079.jpg

10-8-2009 083.jpg

10-8-2009 093.jpg

10-8-2009 119.jpg

10-8-2009 058.jpg

10-8-2009 079.jpg

10-8-2009 083.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhh, those wonderful little things in life that cause so much problems.

Thanks for the pic.'s.

Louis,
From what I see the Fel Pro looks to have the same problem but on the oppsite water port. If thats the Fel Pro with the blue sealing ring.

-
Back