indy rockers arm

-

crazy 340

Reaction score
need parts number for rockers arm for the Indy Im buying

they ll coming with there crapy rockers that I dont wanna use so...

I know t&d but to much money and harland sharp maybe

I know crane was making them whats the parts number???

thanks Bob

ps need to be shaft oiled

Before you buy anything, why not call Mike at B3 racing engines? He may have rockers. He can definitely help you pick a rocker and get the geometry correct.

The Indy rocker isn't all that bad of a rocker. I'd rather have that than a HS rocker.

From what I was told by guys that have used them was that the Indy rockers weren't a problem until the spring pressure got up into the large roller territory.

Crane quit making SM mopar shaft rockers...

I'm pretty sure the Indy rockers only differ from the no longer made Cranes in color. I have run unbushed aluminum rockers with 340 on the seat and 900 over the nose. I've run Chrysler ductile iron rockers (bushed) at 315 and 800ish over the nose. If the rocker fails, it's usually something else.

need parts number for rockers arm for the Indy Im buying

they ll coming with there crapy rockers that I dont wanna use so...

I know t&d but to much money and harland sharp maybe

I know crane was making them whats the parts number???

thanks Bob

ps need to be shaft oiled

I have a complete set of fresh from T&D 1.6 to 1 rockers and shafts sitting on my bench, if you are interested.

Are we to infer from other threads that these rocker arms for W9 heads or what?

I am getting a set of W9's this next week and we "Crower" will be making rockers for them soon.

sorry l was looking at w9 but hade 360-1 heads offered at good price

so Im gonna pick them up this week end

that 's why Im searching for Indy rockers

sorry l was looking at w9 but hade 360-1 heads offered at good price

so Im gonna pick them up this week end

that 's why Im searching for Indy rockers

Before you bolt these heads on from a fellow moparian to another, have them checked for REAL flow numbers and valve job. Also make sure the intake lines up. Go to Harbor Freight pick up a bore scope for 60.00 bucks. Also chase the oil lines make sure they go all the way thru and are the correct size. I chased these demons for years and six different intakes from indy till it was right. Now that they have been massaged to work they are ok.

Are we to infer from other threads that these rocker arms for W9 heads or what?

I missed the W9 part. No, these are for Big Block Mopar with traditional off-sets and cast stands. Thanks.

According to Indy's website the 360-1 heads use the .800" offset big block intake rocker arms. It would seem to follow that they would use the big block exhaust rockers? One would have to call Indy, which I don't intend to do.

http://www.indyheads.com/images/12.cat2014.pdf

According to Indy's website the 360-1 heads use the .800" offset big block intake rocker arms. It would seem to follow that they would use the big block exhaust rockers? One would have to call Indy, which I don't intend to do.

http://www.indyheads.com/images/12.cat2014.pdf

Yes avoid the nightmare at indy. The offset for a 360-1 are 0.800"in and 0.080" ex.

Before you bolt these heads on from a fellow moparian to another, have them checked for REAL flow numbers and valve job. Also make sure the intake lines up. Go to Harbor Freight pick up a bore scope for 60.00 bucks. Also chase the oil lines make sure they go all the way thru and are the correct size. I chased these demons for years and six different intakes from indy till it was right. Now that they have been massaged to work they are ok.

that's what I would do

I made yesterday an 18 hours drive ( back and forth ) from my house to
Middleton Nova Scotia to pick them up
-the heads are new and cnc ported fully assemble
gonna dissamble them and verefy every thing spring pressure valve ....
-the intake is an edelbrock Victor new in the box (not big enough I think )
-rockers are used and I dont think Im gonna run them few scrach and marks so...
I do alote of street driving with the car so doesnt wanna brake one and need to be tow back home,never did hope never do

an other question for you guys what do you for intake gasket??? does port are big !!!

thanks bob

Indy and Cometic have them. My Indy gaskets were to thick and I didn't want to mill my heads or intake so I had Cometic make the thickness I needed.

The Indy rocker isn't all that bad of a rocker. I'd rather have that than a HS rocker.

Harland Sharp roller rockers are 10 times better than Indy rockers. You can install HS rockers and forget about them, just check lash every couple months like you're suppose to. With Indy rockers you have to pull your valve covers frequently so you can watch for cracks in the rocker arms before they break.

Harland Sharp roller rockers are 10 times better than Indy rockers. You can install HS rockers and forget about them, just check lash every couple months like you're suppose to. With Indy rockers you have to pull your valve covers frequently so you can watch for cracks in the rocker arms before they break.

Then you have something else wrong.

There is no such thing as a bolt on rocker. Ever.

Then you have something else wrong.

There is no such thing as a bolt on rocker. Ever.

I don't have anything wrong, I've bolted-on many sets of Harland Sharp rockers with zero issues. Over the years it was amazing how many guys I talked to at the track that were having problems with Indy rockers cracking, you can find a lot of different threads about it too. Rocker geometry is important and there's some nice kits out there such as B3-racing but as long as the rocker has a decent sweep pattern I've never had a problem.

Last edited:
I ran and still running harland sharp on my w2 heads
for the last 10 years with out problem

will give them a call

thanks

or maybe there is someone thats have some for sale

now

I went to nova scotia saturday with a friend to pick them up
they are new and shiny HUUUUMMMMMM

17141316_10212065740663506_1283115129_n.jpg

i have have mine for 1 years and got them from a friend that used them for 10+ years. i had them on my supercharged motor with 230lbs on the exhaust seat and 280lbs on lthe intake seat. one of the best investment you'll ever make is a set of sharps.

-
Back