installing a 8 point roll bar this weekend TURBO TOAD

-
Yah Mad Dart is a beast he does excellent work!!!!!!

Jegs 4 and 8 point are mild steel and means they can be mig welded, so im fine. But man I want someone who has experience with mopars and welding because I want it done legally by NHRA

If you were close I would weld it all up for a couple taco's!:D

haha You know what!! If I plan on bringing it down here... I might just wait! maybe! Unless you ever plan on being up that way? Maybe for Mopar Alley car show in fremont?

haha You know what!! If I plan on bringing it down here... I might just wait! maybe! Unless you ever plan on being up that way? Maybe for Mopar Alley car show in fremont?

If the Cage is already in the car it should not take more than 2 Hours to weld it all off. Putting the cage in the car is a whole different story.

If the Cage is already in the car it should not take more than 2 Hours to weld it all off. Putting the cage in the car is a whole different story.

Yea...the cage is not tacked at all. I recently just got the kit. I have the 8 point and just ordered the seat saver bars, so I can keep the rear seat.

when i watched the guy do my dads cage he cut small holes in the floor right under where the re-inforcement plates would go for the main hoop. then he tacked the plates down and tacked the hoop to the plates. he then tacked the rear brace bars to the hoop and let them sit in place in the trunk area. once he had it like he wanted he cut the tacks for the floor plates and the hoop and dropped the main hoop down into the holes in floor so he could get a nice weld on top of the rear support bars without burning the headliner. he then pulled it back up and put the plates back in and welded them off. the he welded the hoop back for its final time.

I watch too much musclecar tv. I watched Rick Bacon weld a cage in one episode,but he didnt completely weld in the floor pltes,more like 1/2 to 3/4 complete on the floor plates,and he seemed to feel this was better than completely welded?!!!

-
Back