Installing my 273

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
Hope to install my 273 Commando in a week or so. How should I proceed? I am going to run the new brake lines but should I install the front engine/light harness first or wait till the engine is in place?

Definately do the brake lines first. That way, you can get in the engine bay and sit on the k member, and have room to work. You might wait on the harness if it all plugs in. Early A engine bays are tight, so you don't want to take a chance on smishing any of the wiring. Glad it's coming together....did you get the paint done?

Definately do the brake lines first. That way, you can get in the engine bay and sit on the k member, and have room to work. You might wait on the harness if it all plugs in. Early A engine bays are tight, so you don't want to take a chance on smishing any of the wiring. Glad it's coming together....did you get the paint done?
Not yet. Just about finished stripping the paint.
Too humid to paint the last few days.
I work Monday thru Wednesday next week.
Hope Thursday is good. That's my plan.

When I installed the engine in CUDAVRT, I mounted the engine on the K-member, bolted on the clutch and transmission, then lowered the car over it. Fastest install I've ever done.

When I installed the engine in CUDAVRT, I mounted the engine on the K-member, bolted on the clutch and transmission, then lowered the car over it. Fastest install I've ever done.
I will be installing mine from the top. Transmission is in place. Installing from the bottom does seem like a better idea. But a small garage makes installation from the top a Little easier for me.

-
Back