Instrument Cluster Chrome Plating

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a good company to do instrument cluster chrome plating/restoration? I know there are places like CV, Mr G's and Auto Instruments. Any others that you can recommend? Better yet, are there any FABO members who do instrument cluster chrome plating/restoration as a business? Didn't come up with anyone using the search function, but ya never know. I'd much rather spend my hard earned money with a FABO member than send the stuff I have off and wait 6 months to get it back.

I have used both Mr. G and CV... Personally, I recommend CV Vacuum platers HANDS DOWN over Mr. G. They quality was so much better and their detail for the painted areas was amazing. Communication was also very good and felt comfortable mailing my parts off to them.

You might check out American Classic Restorations Inc. They did the speedo and radio and heater bezels on my Dart and I couldn't have been more pleased. Mine were in pretty rough shape as far as the chome and the painted parts go. All the lettering had worn off. They came back like brand new! Highly recommended!

this is who i used did a really good job too for a fraction of the cost not sure if he still does it VAE Dash Restorations

yeah that . I know vae440 was doing it, you may want to shoot him a pm. Doesn't look like he has been on in about a month.

Don!

Try Special T:s Unlimited. They do perfect jobs.

www.special-ts.tripod.com

Good luck!

Hi Ulf! I've talked with Bill at Special T's and some guy at Auto Instruments. Left a message with CV Platers (not returned) and Vic of VRE Dash Restorations (who is on this forum and comes highly recommended). Vic called me back and we talked about the 66 Barracuda dash stuff that I want done for my custom dash. Being a Mopar guy, he's quite familiar with how our dashes are supposed to look. I've seen some of the work he has done for other members of the forum and is definitely very impressive. After talking with him for awhile, I've decided to send everything to him. As I mentioned at the beginning of this thread, I'd rather spend my money with a FABO member who does this type of work. Once I get everything back, I'll definitely post some pictures.

just wanted to check, what is an average price for having the chrome plating.
thanks

just wanted to check, what is an average price for having the chrome plating.
thanks

Here's what I've got for the 66 Barracuda dash - Instrument bezel - low of $235 to $325; glove box panel - $75 to $97, end panel - $50 to $91. Seems 64/65 stuff is a little less expensive - not as bignot much detailing? and 67 -69 more expensive - bigger/more detailing?

Victor at VAE is Da Bomb:cheers: Here is a picture of the dash he restored for my wife's 1971 Duster 340

dash.jpg

-
Back