Intake choices

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
I am on the hunt for an used intake for my 360.The build is 20 over flat top pistons, 280-474 cam, 2500 stall 355 gear,headers,340 j heads 202.There are all kinds out there.I put an add out for a used one,one call so far its a 340 edel torker but here there not to good.the car will see mostly street with of coarse a good rev now and then.What would you guys use.Thankssass

What is the compresion of the engine?
Is this an agrtessive build your looking to finish up with or would a iron 4bbl. be ok for use? You could get away with the OE iron intake. Otherwise, a RPM/Stealth would be what I would look for.

The TorkerII IMO isn't a bad choice on the cheap, but not for your set up at all. A light to mildly agressive strip car could use it well.

Well its not going to be a high comp engine my builder says about 9 to 1.Thanks for the help guys.

For what you have, the Std Performer would be ok. r even the LD340 or Weiand Stealth. The RPM might be a little better but more $$ to get to try. I agree on loosing the single plane intake.

For what you have, the Std Performer would be ok. r even the LD340 or Weiand Stealth. The RPM might be a little better but more $$ to get to try. I agree on loosing the single plane intake.

shoot.. if he could get a LD340 that would be as good as the rpm if not better.imo

LD340 in ways is a VERY flexible piece.

Even a stock 340 cast iron intake would be a reasonable option.

The stock intake for a 69 340 was a duel plane high rise and can often be found in the $50-$75 range.

I like the 340 cast intake,but here we go,I will have nothing but a holley,holleys dont fit without an adapter on factory intakes.to bad tho Because I have a cast 4 barrell intake that came off my 360 when I got it.It was a truck motor.

I wouldnt even hesitate and get either the RPM or air-gap. Proven,the best street manifolds.Lightweight,modern,perfection.

I run the RPM on my 360 and it is a Li'l screamer.

By the way a regular Performer would be a down grade with the 2.02 340 J heads. The Performer is for a 318.

30 D pics 013.jpg

The rpm,air gap or LD340 would all be good choices..by the way 9 to 1 is not high compression...

Nope, there are two Performers... One is the "318/360" which has small 318 sized runners, and the "340/360" that has 340 sized ports and is my first choice for this car.

The cast iron 340 intake with a 1" 4 hole spacer works very good.

I'd run a Performer RPM, LD340 or Air gap before the cast intake.

Do yourself a favour. Based on the climate we both live in, get the RPM Performer or an LD340 if you can find one. The Airgap is a good intake but takes way too long to get some heat to the carb so it will idle - least that is my experience.

RPM or Stealth imho.

My 360 combo is basically the same as yours and I use the Weiand Stealth with a 750cfm Edelbrock manual choke carb. Great bottom end torque and pulls very strong all the way thru the power range with 3.91 gears.

I wouldn't use the Torker 340 intake. Just get a RPM/Air Gap intake. I had the torker 340 on my Duster and switching to the Air Gap made a big difference.

I am on the hunt for an used intake for my 360.The build is 20 over flat top pistons, 280-474 cam, 2500 stall 355 gear,headers,340 j heads 202.There are all kinds out there.I put an add out for a used one,one call so far its a 340 edel torker but here there not to good.the car will see mostly street with of coarse a good rev now and then.What would you guys use.Thankssass

With your engine combo I would just buy a new intake which my choice would be a Edelbrock Air Gap hands down they make good Torque and good HP to 6500RPM with that cam will peak about 6000-6100 depending on heads.You will not be disapointed.

I'd run the air gap....probably the best all around intake out there. I have one! Horsepower and Torque everywhere!

-
Back