Intake manifold doesn't fit right

-

Andre68

Reaction score
Im installing some new gaskets on my 318. I put the intake manifold on and it appears that 2 intake ports are not being covered 100% by the intake manifold.

I don't get it, I checked all the casting numbers on everything and it should all work with each other just fine.

engine block
2536030 67-75 la block 318

heads
2843675 273/318 68-74 1.78 intake 1.50 exhaust

manifold
edelbrock performer rpm 7176

thanks

Attachments

• photo 2 (3).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 390
  • photo 1 (4).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 366
The U shaped areas don't anything or go any where. I take part of that back. They do save a little weight, part of an once or 2. Don't worry about them.
Mike

Just a cavity in the head that the stock manifolds cover but the aftermarket ones don't. tmm

It's amazing how this very thing pops up 5 or 6 times a season.

I'm wondering about the need for that center exhaust crossover passage. On this manifold, like a stock manifold, there is a passage for that exhaust crossover, but on other Edelbrock manifolds, there is no passage. I've read that there are carb fuel boiling problems and wonder if they are related to the exhaust crossover passage. So would it create a problem if the center plug in the intake manifold was not removed when used with a stock or aftermarket manifold with the exhaust crossover passage?

-
Back